+ Reply to Thread

Default Can anyone who has had a HT before age 25 share their experience?

At what age did you get the HT? How has your hair changed over the years? Scar?

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys

thank you

Had my 1st at 26, so close enough. It's been great, but you have to have the mindset to accept your 15 year old hairline is most likely not an option. Also, expect future loss and start saving the day the scabs fall off from your previous procedure. I will be getting my fourth sometime this year, going FUE about (1500-2000 FU) for dense packing, may try some beard or body into my FUT scars (I keep hair longer so don't know if its worth $ since camo'ed under hair. I would also advise that you spend the extra effort (time & $) and pick a quality surgeon recommended here. It will pay it forward ten fold in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ITNEVERRAINS View Post
    Had my 1st at 26, so close enough. It's been great, but you have to have the mindset to accept your 15 year old hairline is most likely not an option. Also, expect future loss and start saving the day the scabs fall off from your previous procedure. I will be getting my fourth sometime this year, going FUE about (1500-2000 FU) for dense packing, may try some beard or body into my FUT scars (I keep hair longer so don't know if its worth $ since camo'ed under hair. I would also advise that you spend the extra effort (time & $) and pick a quality surgeon recommended here. It will pay it forward ten fold in the long run.
    how long did ur 1st transplant last you? What do u mean start saving when ur scabs fall off? I thought transplanted hair is permanent. Has ur medication post op not halted further loss?

If you start losing at 26, you are not through losin 99% of the time. I was not the exception. I was told this and prepared for it. Anyone considering a HT in their 20's who does not is foolish

If you notice hairloss in your early 20's then the hairloss started long before we notice the loss in the mirror. Probably more like late teens which in most cases, an indication of advanced hairloss in the future.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin