+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finast/Proscar/Propecia?

Hi all, this is my first post .

Am 25 and have started to lose my hair rapidly! Have done a lot of researching and decided that I want to start a course of Finasteride.

UnitedPharmacies.com or .co.uk seem to be pretty cheap. Does anyone here use them? Is the stuff legit?

If so, should i go for Finast(generic) or Proscar or Propecia?!

All pretty confusing!

Get on it.

Finasteride is most certainly the best way to start attacking DHT.

Many people in the UK like myself purchase finasteride from http://ukfinasteride.info from Dr Singh who is a very reliable and affordable source of legit products.

Propecia is VERY expensive. I used to cut Proscar up but a hassle so now take 1mg finpecia (generic) which is the same as propecia

Its relatively cheap and just as effective in my honest opinion. Bottom line is you need 1mg finasteride a day.

Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 05-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thumbs up

Getting on finasteride was the best thing I could have done, it has totally stopped the miniturization and the little hairs falling on my pillow I wish I had got on it sooner.

I also have purchased from ukfinasteride.info, very good service, reliable, quick and no hassle. They always tell keep you informed of your medication delivery etc.

Getting on finasteride was the best thing I could have done, it has totally stopped the miniturization and the little hairs falling on my pillow I wish I had got on it sooner.

Hey, UKresponder. I am 29 and starting to see some thinning, its not the point where it is obvious to others but I am sure in a year or so it will be !!

I started using rogaine about a month ago, initially I saw rapid shedding ( which was expected). Shedding is minimal now.

I am also thinking about starting propecia, based on your personal experience would you recommend it ? How have your results been so far ? How old were you when you first started using it ? How long have you been on it ?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupi View Post

Hey, UKresponder. I am 29 and starting to see some thinning, its not the point where it is obvious to others but I am sure in a year or so it will be !!

I started using rogaine about a month ago, initially I saw rapid shedding ( which was expected). Shedding is minimal now.

I am also thinking about starting propecia, based on your personal experience would you recommend it ? How have your results been so far ? How old were you when you first started using it ? How long have you been on it ?

Regards.
    Hi Rupi,

Ok Started noticing very slow loss from around 23/24, then around 25 it started accelerating so I started regaine. This def started working and slowed the whole thing down and get some hair back. The around 27 I decided I wanted to do more so looked into Propecia. Bur at the same time, it was like a miracle at first seriously had mushroom style growth especially nearer the temple area an often difficult area, I did also have steroid injections into the scalp with hylanase an enzyme which disperses any subcutaneous injection without the need to do multiple injections. The combination of all three in one go gave me a fantastic response and within 3 months I has almost reversed any signs of hair loss! What a story right!

Unfortunately I got the sexual side effects which shut my whole libido down, I guess it happened quite soon say within 3 months, but I stuck it through as results were happening, but it got the point of frustration and I had to stop taking propecia. So the for about 5 years up to the age of 32 I just used regain twice a day which did a good job, I lost what i gained with propecia. Then it took a turn for the worse and more loss and I decided to get a HT then I came across Spex who gave me a wealth of advice and info, and said I had to get back on finasteride he said to give it a shot again as the body is much older and you can alway try again.

So I did but I also took it a lot slower this time and just took a few tablets a week gradually building up to the full 1mg a day dosing and it has been 100% fine, Im enjoying the stabilizing effects of finasteride with ZERO side effects and also it slowly thickening up my crown i've only been on 1mg finasteride since my HT August 2010 so not done a whole year yet, I'll be keen to see if it can close up my crown loss in 24 months or so, then I may consider some more grafts to close that crown area of I reckon it wont take too many.

But as for it working I now longer see small hair on my pillow every day it has stabilized any further loss so it def is a must and do it early as you will save further hairs from the attack of DHT which kills them off eventually

So hopefully that gave you my experience, bottom line is it is worth getting on it asap, but since it is a lifelong commitment you don't need to rush into the dosing, just taper yourself up, which MAY minimize side effects, in fact Dr Singh at http://ukfinasteride.info gives a after care titration guide to dose up over 7 weeks which is ideal.

Hey man appreciate your prompt reply. This was very helpful !

But at the same time it worries me, since I am recently married and wont want any sexual side effects ...

My plan is to really take it slow , and if I am not mistaken I think I read this on one of SPEX's thread.
    Start of with one pill for first week, two pills the second week, and so on. So it will be close to 2 months, before I am taking it everyday. That should help build up the tolerance.

And about the libido loss, you think eating a whole lot of libido booster foods might keep that in check ?
    I understand that will require more discipline. Way I see it is, we were dealt a bad hand in life and we just have to put up a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupi View Post
    Hey man appreciate your prompt reply. This was very helpful !

But at the same time it worries me, since I am recently married and wont want any sexual side effects ...

My plan is to really take it slow , and if I am not mistaken I think I read this on one of SPEX's thread.
    Start of with one pill for first week, two pills the second week, and so on. So it will be close to 2 months, before I am taking it everyday. That should help build up the tolerance.

And about the libido loss, you think eating a whole lot of libido booster foods might keep that in check ?
    I understand that will require more discipline. Way I see it is, we were dealt a bad hand in life and we just have to put up a fight.

That;s the way to do it.

As fo libido and foods, nothing can overpower exogenous hormone shutdown in my opinion. I am an ex athlete and my diet is pretty spot on nothing can really overpower drugs.

However I have noticed zma - zinc +magnesium + vit b6 complex to be very effective in terms of bringing the horn on esp first thing in the morning, I swear by the stuff now! take 30gms a dat - usually 2-3 capsules before bed , also gives you a nice deep sleep. the holland and barratt version is good.

enjoy

I know this is old but thanks UKResponder! Your situation is exactly where I find myself, regarding side effects. After 3 months my libido has totally dropped through the floor. I planned to come off it for a few weeks until it fixes itself, and then add it back at a lower dose. I was at 1.25mg from the start

I may drop by Holland & Barrett tomorrow and pick up some of those vitamins you recommend.

the problem with http://ukfinasteride.info is that i have to pay upfront for 13 months supply and i can't really afford that.

were with united pharmacies i can buy monthly.

Am i right?

Anyone else here buys from United Pharmacies or any other website that offers monthly payment?