+ Reply to Thread

Default 24 Year Old (Need Advice) Photos

I really don't remember losing hair until I was 22 (some hair coming out when shampooing), but looking back at pictures even when I was 19-20 my hair was thin on top.

I have been using Rogaine for about a year now, and I have seen a difference in my hair. But, recently it seems as if I am losing more in the shower, and thinning more in the crown area.

I know its not terrible, but my dad is completely bald, and I see the male pattern baldness pattern that I now have. I'm not sure where I would be without Rogaine, but I still hate that I am thinning.

I am in Sports broadcasting, and need to have hair to be more presentable on TV, etc. Plus, I love getting haircuts, and always having my hair edged up and clean. I rather get started now before its a huge problem. I have my barber give me a 1 guard on the sides, and a 4 or 5 on top to try and crop my hair.

Have not tried Propecia. Do you recommend it? I wouldn't even be opposed to a Hair transplant. I just don't want to have to deal with it!

Every day I look in the mirror, and take pictures to see how bad it is. I know there is not a quick solution, but my main question is should I try Propeca or look into getting some grafts done, because i'm guessing it wouldn't be that many grafts, and from what I hear it is permanent.

Please any help or guidance is appreciated!

Thanks!

Propecia will give you dubious results and kill the man in you in the process.

Stay away from it. Regaine it is for you and since you already wear it short, you might consider buzzing it all and wearing a goatee. Since you're hip with the sports crowd, the transition should be smooth and flawless.

Also, if you are not already, shampoo with Nizoral 2% to delay loss and give Minox a much needed boost.

Thanks for the reply.

Do I need a prescription for the Nizoral?? Do you think its worth making a doctor's appointment to see what they think of the hair loss?

There's no way of telling what sort of results Propecia will give you (or if you'll have side effects) until you try it. It could really thicken up your diffused thinning or stop you losing any more.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I am so sick of reading posts by people who state emphatically that Propecia will give you side effects. MOST people NEVER have any side effects and in my case the drug changed my life. The choice to take any mediation is ultimately up to you, but it does work for most people and for some men the results can be miraculous. I am not saying that side effects do not occur, but that can happen with any medication that you take .

You can read my story here.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435

I'll add my 2 cents by saying this:

It works. Do I notice some sides, yes I do, but I can live with them until something else comes out. I notice a slight decrease in libido, but it is not no the point where I cant perform or anything. In your case, I think it can improve your hair all over due to miniturization. As some have already mentioned, that side effects do exist, but not for most of the people taking it. In the end, it is up to you to take that chance. In my case, I did and I have also introduced it to some others that have started without any sides.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    I'll add my 2 cents by saying this:

It works. Do I notice some sides, yes I do, but I can live with them until something else comes out. I notice a slight decrease in libido, but it is not no the point where I cant perform or anything. In your case, I think it can improve your hair all over due to miniturization. As some have already mentioned, that side effects do exist, but not for most of the people taking it. In the end, it is up to you to take that chance. In my case, I did and I have also introduced it to some others that have started without any sides.

Good luck.
    How long have you been on Fin Deluxe?