+ Reply to Thread

Default Good hair loss/hair thickening vitamins?

Is there such vitamins that will prevent further hair loss/ slow it down/ or thicken your existing hair?

I have been researching this almost every night for about 2 weeks now. I have found some websites like these which at least to me were very informative:

http://www.holistic-online.com/remed...-nutrition.htm

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Vitamins.htm

As you can see they are not trying to sell anything, but you can read a lot of information about good vitamins for hair loss.

The one's I have read are the most successful are Biotin, Pantothenic Acid[Vitamin B5], Zinc, Inositol, Vitamin B Complex, and vitamin D3 which you get from the sun and your scalp needs this vitamin, and a couple of others you can read about in those links.

If you had already slowed down your hair loss with fin and got a bit regrowth with Minoxidil, I can only imagine supplementing yourself with these vitamins can only help the process of Fin/Min and hair regrowth, no?

I read a lot of doctors say that although MPB is genetic and realistically irreversible, being deficient in just certain vitamins can cause hair loss. For example:

"In laboratory tests animals fed with a zinc supplement showed signs of more hair growth, as opposed to loss of hair in animals that were deprived of zinc in their feed."

And this is basically the case with most of the vitamins they name here. They also say, when the animals that were deprived of said vitamin were fed a diet with that vitamin, their hair regrew.

I know this will probably be a stupid thread but it is worth a look. Maybe some of you are deficient in vitamins and should read these links. I am definitely vitamin deficient in some vitamins so this was an interesting article even though my hair loss is genetic, anything that can aide in my hair progress is good.

BTW I forgot to ask...has anyone researched about this before and if you did, did you add these vitamins to your diet, and what happened in terms of hair growth/thickening of existing hair?

"Inositol is also a member of the B vitamin group. It is a compound occurring in the brain, muscles, liver, kidney and eyes.

In laboratory animals, a diet lacking Inositol produced baldness, but when the vitamin was added to the food of these animals, the hair grew back again. It was also observed that male animals lost hair twice as fast as female animals. The result of this experiment would suggest that males require a higher Inositol intake than females. An Inositol deficient diet can also cause eczema, a form of skin irritation.

One doctor in a series of experiments prescribed Inositol together with other sources of B vitamins to all his balding patients. In almost all case's hair loss was arrested, in some case's hair growth was noticeable in as little as one month. In one case hair recovery was total and not one bald spot remained.

Inositol, also appears to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood."

Hmm, hair loss is twice as bad in men with MBP than in woman with Female Pattern Baldness. So if you're not taking the enough amount of Inisitol you need, then you will go bald. It does make sense. These articles are very informative.

"Biotin often called vitamin H, is yet another B complex component. Biotin is a proven hair growth vitamin and a preventative to excessive hair loss. It appears to metabolise fatty acids. Fatty acids are a valuable growth factor in numerous processes in the body including the hair. Biotin is also seen as an aid in preventing hair turning grey.

Biotin is found in egg yolks. Raw egg whites actually hinder effectiveness, but when the albumen (egg white) is cooked, the culprit - a substance called avidin is destroyed by heat. Biotin is also present in liver, milk, yeast and kidney.

Balding men might find that a Biotin supplement may keep their hair longer."

Do you guys eat your egg yolks daily? Cause of you don't, then you are probably deficient in Biotin/Vitamin H. I ate eggs like once a month, so i'm definitely Vitamin H deficient.

"Choline is a B vitamin like nutrient that's useful in counter acting the effects of stress. Recently scientists in America were able to induce toxic levels of stress in baby animals by limiting the amount of choline in their diets.

Choline supplements prescribed to balding patients produced significant results to prove choline's worth in hair loss. Lecithin is a very good source of choline, at it also supplies inositol, a B complex vitamin with a particular affinity with choline, these two vitamins work together well.

Foods rich in choline are egg yolks, yeast, liver and wheat germ."

Well, read on guys. I posted some of the vitamins mentioned in one of the articles.

thank you i'll check,i really need something to find,i hope it's safe,cause everything i find has side effects

Like any part of your body, your hair follicles need sufficient vitamins to develop longer strands with more hair volume. At the point when you're not eating the best hair development vitamins and minerals, your hair development endures. Since our hair follicles contain the quickest separating cells in the body, which implies they need lots of nutritional help to fuel that rapid cell division. In any case, your body doesn't see hair development as basic. So in case you're not eating enough vitamins and minerals to help the entirety of your body's cycles, your body will reroute the supplements you do eat to more fundamental function. Without every one of those hair sound supplements, your hair follicles will develop all the more gradually with better, more fragile hair. Click here and get more information that is helpful for your hairs to make them strong and good.