+ Reply to Thread

Default Shedding hair, switching from finasteride to dutasteride

Hi,

Little background info, I'm a 30 year old male, who, in the past 9 months, has started to shed a lot of hair everyday. The quality of the hair shed seems to be getting worse and definitely looks to be miniaturised. At the moment, my hair is still okay and looks reasonably full to the untrained eye, but it is getting worse over time and is now becoming a major concern.

Btw, when I was 18, I had hairloss in the temples. This stopped around 20 and I had a transplant to fill in the area at 25. Since I was 20, I've no further loss, but it now seems to be kicking in once again.

I've been on finasteride for 5-6 years, along with minox, but was thinking of switching to Dutasteride. Was wondering what you guys thought of this idea?

Cheers

Maybe finasteride peaked and you should up the dose you take.

I've heard Spencer say he believes if you up the does on Fin after it stops working, it may be able to work as it did when you first got on it. But he also said to talk with your doctor before you do this.

Hair2011,
    I tried uping my dose to 2.5mg of finasteride 5 months ago but Im still shedding bad. Im 32 and in the same position. I havent had a HT yet but am considering but I want to have the shed controlled.

Be prepared for more shedding. When I switched to Dutasteride the shedding continued and didn't really subside/slow down, until about 2 1/2 months in. In fact, the shedding was even more aggressive when I switched over. Right now I'm waiting to see if there will be any re-growth of the shed hairs...hopefully!

Thanks for the comments guys.

dgman: Are you think of making the switch from fin to dut as well?

mg39: Fingers crossed the huge shed will lead to good growth. It'd be great if you could keep me posted.

I think I might go on dutas from next month, see how I get on with it. At the moment, I could handle a crazy shed and still be okay, it's the gradual, daily, long term shedding I need to stop, as that's really beginning to take it's toll.

Will keep you posted on my progress. (Ordered Dutas today).

Been on fin for about 10 years as well. Worked perfectly - no shedding, no side effects. Just started noticing some new shedding so am wondering if I should increase the dose or switch to duta.

I bookmarked this thread. Feedback and updates from anyone who's increased dose or switched much appreciated.

Will update my status.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Maybe finasteride peaked and you should up the dose you take.

I've heard Spencer say he believes if you up the does on Fin after it stops working, it may be able to work as it did when you first got on it. But he also said to talk with your doctor before you do this.
    Can you link to this thread please?

Quote Originally Posted by chop View Post
    Can you link to this thread please?
    It's him talking. Not text.

TBH I don't know where that thread is now. Maybe some one who's on here more often should know what i'm talking about and help you. Sorry.

Default Duta shedding

Hi,

I write from France to share my experience.
    I've noticed a hair loss when i was 21. I've been on propecia for 11 months but no real benefits on my hairloss. I'm now on duta since March 2011 and i see a shedding since 1 month, is it normal ? My scalp is more visible in the front part ... There will be some regrowths ? Is it normal ? When the shed will stop ?

Most people start on fin because most of the time its enough to maintain and possibly regrow miniturized hair. But for me Dut is more powerful than Fin.