+ Reply to Thread

Default question about the big three (keto shampoo, propecia and rogaine)

Currently taking propecia every day for about a month and a half...and ketoconazole shampoo prescribed by my dermatologist. I have a few questions....will rogaine foam help as well? My hairline is thinning and I am hoping that possibly all three of these products will help my hairline as well as my crown. Also do I have to take the propecia at the same time every day for it to work properly?

thanks.

Everybody will have their methods and preferences but it does not matter so much when, just that you are consistent. As far as your hairline...just know that rogaine may me able to help there but if you have a shed, you have to stick with it because often sheds ensue as a precursor to a growing phase.

Foam has as many people dissatisfied as liquid. It's the same stuff but different delivery. It seems to me that foam and the spray bottle for liquid work better than the liquid applicator. Foam/spray permeates the epidermis easier.

Quote Originally Posted by rc01 View Post
    Currently taking propecia every day for about a month and a half...and ketoconazole shampoo prescribed by my dermatologist. I have a few questions....will rogaine foam help as well? My hairline is thinning and I am hoping that possibly all three of these products will help my hairline as well as my crown. Also do I have to take the propecia at the same time every day for it to work properly?

thanks.
    Rogaine will definitely help. Using the big 3 together has a synergistic effect. You'll probably keep all the hair you have now for 5 years at least (90ish %). You might also experience regrowth and thickening (about 45%). Once at night is enough for the rogaine. They should put you in good stead for future developments. Even if Histogen or Aderans don't make it to market Cosmos CB 03-01 may well get there in 2015. It's a topical that tackles the dht problem with no systemic side effects. Word is it need only be used twice a week and apparently it's twice as effective as propecia/finasteride. You could get off finasteride then which would be great.

I wish I had the nerve to take finasteride. Tried it for 3 weeks but didn't feel good on it and had to pack it in. Wish Merck would make a topical propecia. If you've only started losing hair recently and you can tolerate the big 3 for 5 years you may go on to keep your hair forever.

I wish I could take finasteride.

I don't think the time you take Propecia matters. Been taking generic fin for 7months, my hair loss slowed down like 6 months ago and I take fin on different times every day. Just make sure you take it every day.

The big 3 will supposedly help. I was on all 3 for a little while, I have never been on all 3 at the same time for more than 2 months which is not enough to see results. I'm sure it works though, with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Rogaine will definitely help. Using the big 3 together has a synergistic effect.
    I wish I had the nerve to take finasteride. I wish I could take finasteride.
    what happened ? what r u using for blocking DHT ? any topical ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nneel View Post
    what happened ? what r u using for blocking DHT ? any topical ?
    Didn't feel so good on it. Took it for about 2 weeks. This was before I heard about the propecia help sites and all the other anti-finasteride sites so it wasn't a case of thinking side effects into existence. Energy levels felt off and I thought one of my nipples was getting a bit tender or puffy. I knew a bit about 5AR inhibitors so I decided to ditch it and I'm happy I did. Didn't want to have to take it forever.

Not currently using anything for blocking DHT though I might consider trying Spiro S5 cream if I can find some studies that say it actually has a benefit. I'd really rather not lose my hair but it's not nearly as upsetting now as it was when I first realised for sure I was going bald.

Does anyone know what this book says about those products does it compare them? http://www.hairgrowthcure.com