+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why not members ?

Good Day,

I was wondering why a few well reputable & competent surgeons such as Dr. Paul Rose, Dr. William Rassman & Dr. Sanusi Umar are not members of IAHRS

Regards

Question

I have heard good things about Dr. Rose, but what makes the other two so reputable? Dr. Umar is not really very well known and Dr. Rassman is mainly known for having a blog and now for doing head tattoos.

Dr. Rassman is credited for developing FUE & is one of the few hair transplant surgeons who are actually board certified

Dr. Umar, is also a pioneer in FUE & BHT, and also one of the few who are board certified

I understand Dr. Woods for example is not a member in IAHRS, only because he did not apply, but what is the case for the other reputable surgeons ?

Where did you hear that Dr. Rassman invented FUE? Anybody can write anything they want about themselves on an internet site, it does not mean that it is true. How do you know that Dr. Woods did not apply? Where do you get all of this inside information from and where do I get it?

Iceman is right, Dr. Rassman is credited with developing FUE, but he is not the one who developed it. It was Dr. Ray Woods. I don't know how Dr. Rassman got the credit?

"Where did you hear that Dr. Rassman invented FUE? Anybody can write anything they want about themselves on an internet site, it does not mean that it is true."

I did not say invented. I said he developed FUE

"How do you know that Dr. Woods did not apply? Where do you get all of this inside information from and where do I get it?"

Spencer Kobren mentioned that

I hope we can get a clarification regarding the other surgeons Paul Rose & Sanusi Umar if possible

Who cares what the reasons are for Rose or Umar not being in the IAHRS? They're not, that's all I need to know.

Delphi,

IAHRS is the only organization in the world whose membership is limited exclusively to state-of-the-art hair restoration surgeons as opposed to all other organizations.

I think if a particular surgeon is not a member it would only be fair to know why not

Maybe it’s fair for the surgeon’s who don’t make the cut, but why do you care? And if you care so much that a particular doctor is on the IAHRS or not, just don’t go to anyone who is not in the IAHRS. It’s not that difficult.