+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Maybe it’s fair for the surgeon’s who don’t make the cut, but why do you care? And if you care so much that a particular doctor is on the IAHRS or not, just don’t go to anyone who is not in the IAHRS. It’s not that difficult.
    Good point Delphi.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Good point Delphi.
    There is an annual fee to be a member of IAHRS. I believe it is around $12,000. Perhaps these doctors have enough patients in the pipeline and do not need the IAHRS to be promoted. Some Dr.'s prefer to let the work speak for itself. I've seen some of Dr. Umar's work and it is not bad. In the end, it comes down to your research. And some more research.

Honestly, I would assume that all hair transplant doctors would kill to be in the IAHRS. It a big deal, the best doctors in the world are members and Kobren is biggest name in hairloss. If a doctor is not on the IAHRS I can only assume that there is a real reason, not that they have enough patients.

I was actually scheduled to have a hair transplant with a doctor who was not a member of the IAHRS. It was with MHR back about 2 years ago. My mother was worried about it and found the American Hair Loss association which led us to this forum, which made me decided to cancel my surgery. I sent my pictures to a few IAHRS surgeons and Spencer Kobren to see what they think I need to have done. Spencer suggested to call him on his show, which I did and he explained to me that he thought I should wait and that with the amount of hair I still had that I might be taking a risk having surgery. I was disappointed but I appreciated his honestly. That week I spoke to two of the three IAHRS members I sent my pictures to. Both said exactly what Spencer said and suggested I check back in a year. I’ve been on Propecia all of this time and have not gotten any worse so I am so grateful to Spencer Kobren and his IAHRS. I would only trust a surgeon who is a member of the IAHRS. I think Spencer chooses doctors not only because they are good surgeons, but because they are ethical and honest. If it were not for my mother finding them I would have been really screwed. So if I doctor is not on the IAHRS I would not trust them.