+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Spex Surgery*10!* 224 FUE - Dr William Lindsey

Hi guys,

I recently returned form a whistle stop mission from the UK to Washington to see Dr William Lindsey and his team for a 200+ FUE surgery. My tenth (10) surgery in total!

As many know i represent Dr Lindsey online (as well as Dr Feller) however had not until yesterday recieved any actual surgery from him myself. Previously i had only helped facilitate a growing number of UK patients book in to see him. My 200+ FUE surgery with him was nothing short of seamless which was facilitated by a fantastic staff too who all kindly came in to work on a Sunday in order to enable the Dr to work his magic on my forelock during my limited stay in Washington.

Dr Lindsey most certainly has a very calm nature about him and a true passion for hair surgery. Once he had shown me his impressive skiing accomplishments ( a variety of mountain ranges throughout his offices he'd accomplished) We got down to the business of FUE!

The entire process seemed effortless to him yet performed with true precision and expertise. His staff were of the highest calibre and with the use of a light weight hand held mirror i watched a wizard of tech insert all the grafts with meticulous precision and skill in a timely manner. In all my previous surgeries i had never actual watch placement believe it or not.

Its a must for anyone to understand better the process and appreciate how skilled these top technicians are.

My Forlock
    This area has not been worked on since 2005 by Dr Jones and prior to that Bosley and over the past couple of years I have had a small area in my forlock (off centre) which has niggled me since a small amount of
    remaining native hair basically thinning out leaving a small exposured area of mini/micro work courtesy of Bolsey several years ago. I could easily disguise it and due to my hairs characteristic very easily work the hair into a style to cover it, however it niggled me.
    We all know that feeling hey. Well in light of the small number needed i knew an FUE session was going to easily resolve the problem for me and Dr Lindsey and his team executed it as well as any team could have. We hot a small channel and packed it out very nicely and with the adding bonus of not having to shave the recipient area.

I obtained 224 FUE - 140 singles and 84 doubles = 308 hairs

Healing has been remarkable already with little if any discomfort. Dr Lindsey used a .9mm Feller punch to do the extractions. I arrived at his office at 10am and left his office after lunch with his family at 1pm and caught a flight home. I only took one paracetamol as a precaution and slept the entire journey back 6hrs.

I have just returned , quite literally, and will gladly post pics once Dr Linsdey has had chance to sort and send them over. I will update with follow ups too.

I would just like to say a BIG public than kyou to the Dr and his team for a job well done and once rested up will make a more comprehensive write up in order to help all other UK clients with regards to logistics , accommodation, flights etc.

Best
    Spence
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I'd forgotten you'd had nine previous surgeries. Admit it, you're going for a record!

Here's to good growth and an end to the niggling.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks man I am a greedy as they get Here are my pics :

Area worked on to show you:

Donor area on RHS numbed / prepped:

Extraction by Dr Lindsey:

LHS:

Recipient area :

Donor area/Recipient covered post op:

Best
    Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Default 7 days post op

Here are my 7 days post op pics. Healed up well. Been using the infamous Aloe Vera Gel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	9883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2011-05-31 at 12.49 #2.jpg

Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	9884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2011-05-31 at 12.50.jpg

Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	9885  

Default 3 weeks post op - shock loss

3 weeks post op now and unfortunately got some clear shockloss in the recipient area. Not to worry as it will all return... been here before once or twice...

Applying minox foam and also 4000mg MSM daily to speed the process up

have you experienced shock loss in the recipent area? Or is that normal

wow! your hair looks great! can i ask about your story? how/when did it start? what surguries? FUT then FUE? Im really curious about the costs.

Im 27 and thinking about having Dr Cole do FUE next year, but feel like as soon as I take that step I need to be really ready to do multiple surgeries and invest alot. So I'm trying to gauge other peoples total investment and if they feel its worth it. But wow your hair looks great!

mothernature,

apologies for delay i have been away and just catching up. Yes the shockloss is in the recipient area as mentioned, all normal.

SteveyDT,

My story is a long one , so long i have even written a book. See info here to my education project : http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4940&highlight=

However my entire history can be seen here on http://spexhair.com/my-pictures/ (hope i can link to this)

It will be easier for you to see the majority of my pictures and history here. in brief 4 strip and 6 FUE surgeries - My journey has cost me over £40 K from start to finish.
    this includes the wig and laser hupla.

Hope this helps
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 06-20-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Default 7 weeks post op

7 weeks post op and its all finally got a little more manageable since the hair cut. The sides have grown back in sufficiently to blend. Shockloss is still apparent but please to say they is activity on close inspection in the area so psitive stuff as small sprouts are on their way

Best
    Spex