+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Plucked hairs grow PERIOD. Or otherwise i would be happy to not pluck my eyebrows every month which is annoying
    I'd never even heard of plucked hairs not growing back until I started reading these hairloss forums. Well, I've heard of some women's eyebrows growing back after years of plucking, but it took a while to cause that kind of damage. I have friends who have been waxing their legs for years and the hairs always grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    @plopp : Ahem Stemm cells are in fact responsible for regrowth. They are responsible for all regenerations in your body.

If this wouldnt be the case, i would today say that you have a serious problem because your body is not able to regenerate itself anymore
    I never said otherwise. SCs from the removed follicle obviously won't contribute much, however. Rather, adjacent SCs will migrate to the area of wounding and, possibly, be able to grow a new follicle, if the environment allows it to. I'm rather doubtful it will, however, since it can be theorized that parts of the damaged organ need to be left in the site of wounding in order for SCs to be able to differentiate into that very cell type.

But i am honest, his FUE with multiplication is better for patients then just pluckng because yeah plucking will totally regrow the hair but it will take longer because you can only transplant single hairs and not follicle groups.
    FUs can be recreated with plucking. Sure, plucking might "take longer" (i.e. be more expensive), but I'd rather have that than white dots all over the back of my head.

Plucked hairs grow PERIOD. Or otherwise i would be happy to not pluck my eyebrows every month which is annoying
    Seriously, you pluck your eyebrows? That doesn't sound like Richard Dawkins, haha