+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Why the Interest in TRX2?

There's a thread about TRX2 in this forum that spans thousands of replies. I wonder, why? Is it just good marketing? Are people genuinely piqued by the possible efficacy of this product? What's the deal?

I finally checked out the product's Web site, and it seems the pills contain (http://www.trx2.com/store/wp-content...2_november.jpg),

191mg potassium chloride (a simple salt compound)
    150mcg biotin (vitamin B7)
    800mg carnitine (a biologically important protein)
    150mg leucine (just an essential amino acid)
    75mg isoleucine (another essential amino acid)
    75mg valine (yet another essential amino acid)
    40mg nicotinic acid (vitamin B3)

Of course, you can break down any compound to its elemental constituents, then say, "that's not so special," but none of these substances has any clinically-proved direct effect on treating hairloss. Sure, if you're starving, so not getting enough nutrients, hairloss might be a side-effect (then, a supplement/pill that gives you some of what you're deprived of could help you grow back some), but that isn't "male pattern baldness." Of the seven ingredients listed by the manufacturer, you'll take in all the amino acids and vitamins in your diet (if you have a healthy one); that's five components.

Then, it comes to about $70.00/bottle — that is, a month's supply — for some carnitine and KCl, neither of which has been linked to re-growth of hair or even to impeding androgenic alopecia.

So, why all the interest?

Why the interest? Well at first it was just another hair loss treatment with some "promise" for results. People are desperate, I think if TRX2 works it will be good until hair cloning is ready.

Besides there are people who are seeing good results 3 months in. Chances are after another 3 or so more months they will ( hopefully ) do even better.

I don't get it either. I think maybe at the beginning people saw that Thomas Whitfield had legitimate credentials, and were hopeful that someone with a legitimate scientific reputation wouldn't be part of a scam. Now that the product has been on the market for months and Whitfield has yet to publish a single photograph, or any sort of objective data to support his claims, I think it is becoming obvious that this is just another scam. Even the testimonials on the TRX2 website are completely underwhelming. All you see are a bunch of comments along the lines of "Gee this seems to have stopped my hair fall (almost)...um I think." Pathetic.

If you follow the TRX2 thread, I don't any of the trialists are having good results. Only one person claims to have had any significant improvement, but based on the lack of coherence in that person's posts, I suspect he may be on more than just hair loss pills, and he has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

I hope now that TRX2 doesn't seem to be working out, everyone can shift their focus and energy to other treatments that actually show some promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I don't get it either. I think maybe at the beginning people saw that Thomas Whitfield had legitimate credentials, and were hopeful that someone with a legitimate scientific reputation wouldn't be part of a scam. Now that the product has been on the market for months and Whitfield has yet to publish a single photograph, or any sort of objective data to support his claims, I think it is becoming obvious that this is just another scam. Even the testimonials on the TRX2 website are completely underwhelming. All you see are a bunch of comments along the lines of "Gee this seems to have stopped my hair fall (almost)...um I think." Pathetic.

If you follow the TRX2 thread, I don't any of the trialists are having good results. Only one person claims to have had any significant improvement, but based on the lack of coherence in that person's posts, I suspect he may be on more than just hair loss pills, and he has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

I hope now that TRX2 doesn't seem to be working out, everyone can shift their focus and energy to other treatments that actually show some promise.
    i agree,has anyone figured by the time everyone has realized this is bullshit,he will be rich?

Ok I'll be devil's advocate.
    TRX2 has claimed pics and results are to be released Q3 2011. Until then let's just wait

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    TRX2 has claimed pics and results are to be released Q3 2011. Until then let's just wait
    Let's not. The product, by the third quarter of 2011, will have been on the market for ~one year, right? That's a lot of money. Let's go ahead and be concerned or annoyed, now.

I don't really think he's selling that much product. Honestly. If he was he'd be spending on an advertising budget of some sort

Apart from that, I'm sticking with this till month 9. Waiting and seeing since I have no other option right now.

I don't recommend buying it until anything is proven, until you're desperate like me and willing to gamble.

If by month 6 I have seen no results or indication of coming results, rest assured that I'll be leading the charge to Whitfield's gates.

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    I don't really think he's selling that much product. Honestly. If he was he'd be spending on an advertising budget of some sort

Apart from that, I'm sticking with this till month 9. Waiting and seeing since I have no other option right now.

I don't recommend buying it until anything is proven, until you're desperate like me and willing to gamble.

If by month 6 I have seen no results or indication of coming results, rest assured that I'll be leading the charge to Whitfield's gates.
    If you're already in it, then I do wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Ha ha !! What a load of BS ! So this SOB conman wants us to buy his product first, then he will show us the proof -after 1 year- that his shit works ! This product and the so-called inventor have "scam" written all over them.

All he's trying to do is make as much money as he can within the first year then close doors and run -because eventually the truth will come out and people will stop buying his garbage. This is a classic con operation.

Ha ha !! What a load of BS ! So this SOB conman wants us to buy his product first, then he will show us the proof -after 1 year- that his shit works ! This product and the so-called inventor have "scam" written all over them.

All he's trying to do is make as much money as he can within the first year then close doors and run -because eventually the truth will come out and people will stop buying his garbage. This is a classic con operation.
    I think this is exactly what is going on with TRX2. Whitfield, who apparently has a PhD from Oxford, must know what is and what is not good science. If he has a PhD, then he is well-versed in concepts such as statistical significance and what constitutes objective scientific data vs subjective anecdotes. The TRX2 website is full of specious nonsense without the slightest bit of evidence that the product works. Where are the hair counts? Where are the double-blind, placebo-controlled studies? Why is Whitfield asking customers to send in their photos? Did it not occur to him to document TRX2's own "trial" with photographs and objective measures? The whole thing is just so maddening.