+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just found this post doing my research re time required off work. How did you eventually get on . How much time would you advise to take off?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokemeakipper View Post
    Just found this post doing my research re time required off work. How did you eventually get on . How much time would you advise to take off?
    You will need at least two weeks post-op for the scabbing and visual effects from the procedure to be gone.

Although it is an exception, some patients experience some lingering redness in the recipient area post-op, however there are topical steroids to help with that. Your doctor can elaborate on that subject.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi thanks for the reply. I've left a longer reply in a similar thread you've responded to me in.

never knew this thread would come alive again... until I got an email on it.

I was really glad I went for the HT. though I m still actively balding (bad genes), at least my hairline was restored. and if not for the HT, i'll probably have skinned my own head already.

my take is, if you really want to be safe, go for a month. take a break from work. remember before you go for the procedure, leave slightly longer hair, especially the donor area at the back of your head. so that its long enough to cover your scars for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by whathappensnext View Post
    never knew this thread would come alive again... until I got an email on it.

I was really glad I went for the HT. though I m still actively balding (bad genes), at least my hairline was restored. and if not for the HT, i'll probably have skinned my own head already.

my take is, if you really want to be safe, go for a month. take a break from work. remember before you go for the procedure, leave slightly longer hair, especially the donor area at the back of your head. so that its long enough to cover your scars for the time being.
    Im looking into doing this now. Im 33 and really want my hair line back and head filled in.
    I see you mention "actively balding". Is it really noticable after the HT when more hair falls out. I have a massive fear that as my hair continues to shed the transplanted hair will look worse and worse. I know I will need more done but I see my idiot pops and knew my g pa's hair line and really fear I will just never have enough donor hair.