+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up PRP result - Dr Feller

This active 35 year old female presented to us 9 months ago with typical female pattern hairloss and opted for PRP treatment. She visted yesterday for a second round of PRP.

Below see before and after 9 months:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	before-after.jpg

Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	9778  
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thumbs up

nice!

cost? approx

is there anesthesia involved too..owie!

is it like this video?

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    This active 35 year old female presented to us 9 months ago with typical female pattern hairloss and opted for PRP treatment. She visted yesterday for a second round of PRP.

Finally, a PRP photo surfaces! Thanks for sharing. However, I don't see any improvement in this patient's hair. In the first picture, her hair is not combed; in the second picture, it is.

I can also create an illusion of density, after I comb my hair in the morning. I'm not trying to bash you guys, but pictures like this are misleading to the public.

I had PRP done about a year ago and it did absolutely nothing. I know, I know...about 2% of patients claim it has worked for them, but the other 98% have been let down, to say the least. This treatment has to be done once a year and it cost about $1,000 (give or take a couple hundred bucks, depending on the doctor). To me, paying $1,000 for something that has a 2% probability of working is throwing money in the garbage. Doctors should develop a screening process that determines who is a viable candidate for PRP. They shouldn't promote it to everyone.

I think this type of treatment is a step in the right direction (as far as science is concerned). I just don't think it deserves credit yet. Once it's perfected/improved, maybe. But not yet!

I also heard PRP/ACELL only works in a very small percentage of patients yet the media here in the UK are going on as if this is the holy grail... well I guess they have to sell newspapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post

That's a definite result. I've a gut feeling that PRP or PRP+Acell might work well for women but I'm yet to be convinced that it has any noticeable benefit for men. I suppose if a few young men started on bi annual shots and they maintained over 5 years or so we could call that a result. If it was even as effective as finasteride it would be a winner.

Has Dr. Feller got any good photos of results in men Spex?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I also heard PRP/ACELL only works in a very small percentage of patients yet the media here in the UK are going on as if this is the holy grail... well I guess they have to sell newspapers.
    I know, it's disgusting the way they went on about it. I hope it works but I'm skeptical. I think it's more likely to be a viable treatment for women than for us unfortunately.