+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Would like to see an update on this one. I am intrigued by how dense your Dr. was willing to pack the top but in your case it looks like you have plenty of hair for future surgeries if need be.

The results look absolutely amazing! Congrats.

I was wonering what is the downtime after the operation. My front is ok but my crown has thinned out a lot (but is stable now) and I am thinking about going for HT. How long did it take for the scars to heal? I am asking because I would not like people at work to know about the HT and wondering how much time I need to take off...

Thanks and congrats again!

Ooops, sorry guys just saw your comments, cheers.

Gandolf,
    I am currently on holiday and today I am exactly one year post op and will do an update next week. I am thrilled with how it looks so far and know from my previous HT which took 15 months to fully mature, I have more to come.

In my opinion Dr. Rahal is the most aggressive and ETHICAL Surgeon around and I trust him 100%. But I know not many guys would be a candidate for serious dense packing in the crown and I am very fortunate. And I wasn't willing to spend a lot of money for a dodgy combover.

xargon,
    The downtime and waiting is the absolute worst thing about HTs. The actual surgery isn't that bad and was over in a day. But it took three months to look somewhat normal again. Luckily I was an early grower and had some regrowth at 4 months, this is quite typical of Dr. Rahal's patients for some reason.

It would have been easier to hide the scar if I didn't shave my whole head the day of the HT. But I didn't like the coco the clown look from my first HT either.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I will talk to Dr. Rahal's representative here and see what the predicted outcome for me looks like.

Looking forward to your update next week.

You're welcome xargon. Here's the update.

I am 12 months post op now and just have a few more months until it fully matures. I am keeping it very short until then and these pics are one week out from a buzz cut number 3 all over. I am thrilled with how it looks.

Holy moly!!! That is truly astonishing. It all looks native and non thinning. I love the fact that you're willing to use every last graft over time to ensure a complete restoration. I will do the same if needs be. Strip and FUE.

Really is incredible that it looks that dense with a 3 all over. Sides are super tight and your donor looks completely untouched.

I am jealous big time. Well done sir. Well done.

Looks absolutely amazing! Cannot tell at all that a transplant has been done! Congrats. Now go out and impress the ladies

Cheers guys, much appreciated. Good luck to both of you with the battle against hair loss.

FDR,
    For me it was all or nothing, I wasn't going to get 1000 grafts and give my crown a "light dusting" and live with that for 20 years.

This is why it is important to find a Surgeon who you connect with and believe in their way of approaching the art of HT. I can say that Dr. Rahal is the perfect match for me.

Cheers.

I feel the same way. All or nothing. My hairloss seems to have plateaued for the time being but if these treatments that are in the pipeline don't arrive in time I will go for it and document the hell out of it.

More pics if you have any. They're great.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I feel the same way. All or nothing. My hairloss seems to have plateaued for the time being but if these treatments that are in the pipeline don't arrive in time I will go for it and document the hell out of it.

More pics if you have any. They're great.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

The rest of my pics were either half my head or not in focus, it's really hard to take good pics of your crown by yourself.

But I will update again when it has fully matured.