+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Dr. Rahal, 2597 grafts in the crown. My 2nd HT - May 09 2011.

Hey everyone!

Please see page 4 in this section for my result from my first HT with Dr. Rahal in Jan 2008.

I was back in Dr. Rahal's chair last week on Monday the 9th of May. My first transplant (aged 28) concentrated on joining my crown into the mid scalp region and improving my look from the front. The result was great and I enjoyed my hair for 2 years but then I got a bit hair greedy. As you can see from my pics an area approx 15cm2 was left at the lower part of my crown. I hoped that I would improve this area with the use of meds (fin and minox) but it didn't happen. So I have had this area done (aged 31) and also added some density into the previous transplant.

The plan was to get 2000 grafts but my donor density was better than expected and I ended up with 2597, excellent, the more the merrier for me. I also got an excellent hair count which consisted of 110 singles, 1567 doubles, 893 triples and 27 quads which equals 6031 hairs. The size of my strip was 21.1cm2. The density is higher in the lower part of my crown and the rest is spread out in my previous transplant. Dr. Rahal used the singles to restore my crown swirl.

The whole experience was great and everyone was friendly and professional just like 3 years ago. But anyone who's had a transplant will know the actual procedure is the easy part, it is the waiting which begins now which is tough.

Last time I stayed at the Adams Airport Inn which was okay but cost me quite a bit in taxi fares. This time I stayed at the Foxbar Guesthouse which was well equipped and very comfortable. It is also just a 5 mins walk to Dr. Rahal's clinic which is very convenient. The owner is a nice guy and friendly and gave me a lift to the airport.

So to confirm I have now received 5400 grafts in a 75cm2 area of my crown, which is a lot. But the crown really is the black hole for grafts and requires a lot more than the front to create the illusion of density. Dr. Rahal said my donor and laxity is good so I still have enough to do the frontal third in the future.

Here are my pre and post op pics from my second procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Hey everyone!

Please see page 4 in this section for my result from my first HT with Dr. Rahal in Jan 2008.

I was back in Dr. Rahal's chair last week on Monday the 9th of May. My first transplant (aged 28) concentrated on joining my crown into the mid scalp region and improving my look from the front. The result was great and I enjoyed my hair for 2 years but then I got a bit hair greedy. As you can see from my pics an area approx 15cm2 was left at the lower part of my crown. I hoped that I would improve this area with the use of meds (fin and minox) but it didn't happen. So I have had this area done (aged 31) and also added some density into the previous transplant.

The plan was to get 2000 grafts but my donor density was better than expected and I ended up with 2597, excellent, the more the merrier for me. I also got an excellent hair count which consisted of 110 singles, 1567 doubles, 893 triples and 27 quads which equals 6031 hairs. The size of my strip was 21.1cm2. The density is higher in the lower part of my crown and the rest is spread out in my previous transplant. Dr. Rahal used the singles to restore my crown swirl.

The whole experience was great and everyone was friendly and professional just like 3 years ago. But anyone who's had a transplant will know the actual procedure is the easy part, it is the waiting which begins now which is tough.

Last time I stayed at the Adams Airport Inn which was okay but cost me quite a bit in taxi fares. This time I stayed at the Foxbar Guesthouse which was well equipped and very comfortable. It is also just a 5 mins walk to Dr. Rahal's clinic which is very convenient. The owner is a nice guy and friendly and gave me a lift to the airport.

So to confirm I have now received 5400 grafts in a 75cm2 area of my crown, which is a lot. But the crown really is the black hole for grafts and requires a lot more than the front to create the illusion of density. Dr. Rahal said my donor and laxity is good so I still have enough to do the frontal third in the future.

Here are my pre and post op pics from my second procedure.

Personally, I would be concerned with that many grafts going into the crown being still pretty young. I don't think thats the right approach but thats just my opinion. no way you will have enough donor to cover the front should you lose hair there.

The strip was 21.1cm2 long and I got 2597 grafts. This means the average density on the strip was 123 fu per cm2. I also have very good laxity so I am confident I could get at least another 4000 grafts out via strip.

Looking good El Nino!

I'm now 8 weeks post op and just had my first hair cut since my second procedure. I got it buzzed down to a number 3 all over which might be a little short for the scar at this point in time, but I don't care. It looks ok but I think there is a little shock loss around it.

I can't wait for the regrowth on top cos it really sucks looking worse for 3 months after the op. I've had lots of ingrown hairs which are a good sign.

Thumbs up

Looking great! You must be very happy so far!

Thanks Winston, yeah I am happy so far. Especially after feeling lots of stubble a couple of weeks ago which is now starting to become visible when using two magnified mirrors. The regrowth has begun...

I'm now 4 months post op and just returned from a haircut where I got it buzzed down to a number 3 all over again. The shockloss on the scar is slowly returning and the regrowth on top has now started.

I'm very happy with how it looks so far and can't wait for the months ahead...

Thumbs up

very nice progress!

Results look great mate! Congrats. You now have a full thick head of hair and should be ecstatic with the results! Seeing results like these on a consistent basis from Dr Rahal makes me very confident with my choice of booking a HT with Dr Rahal in December