+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs up

You look great! Congrats!

Cheers guys.

DreamBig,
    Be confident that you have chosen one of the best HT Surgeons on the planet. Good luck.

Here's a reminder of where I started out from.

The above pic is from January 2008 before my first HT.

Hey...good results...did you use Rogaine after the HT as Dr. Rahal states? I have never used it and was curious to see if all patients follow this? Thanks!

Originally when I learned about HTs I would have been concerned about having enough donor in a case like this but I've been told by a HT surgeon that nowadays the average they can actually get from strip over a lifetime is between 8-9000. If you go back years ago, say 5, people were saying 6000? Nowadays they they go for very long strips which are angled and they find that with proper closures and scalp exercises the laxity returns quite well.

I must congratulate you on your excellent results. Dr. Rahal seems to be fantastic and you'll have enough for your frontal third no worries. You may have 4000 left by strip but I wouldn't worry because even if you only got 3000 with another strip Dr. Rahal does FUE and you'd probably have on conservative calculations another 1500 at least after stripping out. Maybe even 2000.

capelli,
    Yeah I used Rogaine after my HTs, starting two weeks post op. I do believe it helps to kickstart the growth. I have seen your pics and it's gonna look amazing, congrats mate.

FDR,
    Thanks man! I agree with you about the average persons donor supply and some people can be a lot more aggressive with the use of grafts.

I have been buzzing it down to a number 3 for the last few months but I am now growing it out a bit. So I can do an update with my hair styled. Thanks to Dr. Rahal I now have unlimited styling options. There is a big difference between the "illusion of density" and dense packing.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    capelli,
    Yeah I used Rogaine after my HTs, starting two weeks post op. I do believe it helps to kickstart the growth. I have seen your pics and it's gonna look amazing, congrats mate.

FDR,
    Thanks man! I agree with you about the average persons donor supply and some people can be a lot more aggressive with the use of grafts.

I have been buzzing it down to a number 3 for the last few months but I am now growing it out a bit. So I can do an update with my hair styled. Thanks to Dr. Rahal I now have unlimited styling options. There is a big difference between the "illusion of density" and dense packing.
    Completely agree mate. No illusion going on there. That's a proper head of hair.

Happy New Year!

I am nearly 8 months post op now and I have grown my hair out a bit.

These pics are with wet hair and then some with gel in after. I am very happy with how it looks but I know there is more to come. I remember from my first HT that it took ages to fully mature, past the one year mark.

Looks amazing...congrats!!! As always, Dr. Rahal has done it again!!! Good stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by capelli View Post
    Looks amazing...congrats!!! As always, Dr. Rahal has done it again!!! Good stuff!!!
    Cheers capelli!!

And trust me when your hair has grown out there will be news reports of sightings of Elvis. Your new hairline is gonna Rock!