Spencer Kobren Speaks With Alan Bauman, M.D. About Latisse(Bimatoprost) For Hair loss

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Spencer Kobren Speaks With Alan Bauman, M.D. About Latisse(Bimatoprost) For Hair loss

Listen to the interview:

• PayDay
    • Nov 2008

Great interview Spencer, I actually listened live on Sunday and was a little disappointed the hear that latisse was not much more effective then Rogaine. I am hoping that when they test a stronger version that the results will be better. Keep doing what you do Spencer, you are the best!

Comment

• Mens Rea
      • Apr 2011

Could you try speak to someone about CB-03-01

Even RU?

Great job by the way. The guys on *** have been trying this stuff.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

CB-03-01??

I remember that back in 2007 they were planning Phase I trials, should be at market by now surely?

Comment

• KeepTheHair
          • Mar 2010

Works as well as minox. Dear god...I wish I could afford it

I really want to use it...

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KeepTheHair
            Works as well as minox. Dear god...I wish I could afford it

I really want to use it...
            LOL I know... all that hype for nothing...

But we still have TRX2

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
              • Apr 2011

If at 0.03% it works as good as minoxidil, then most likely it will work better in a higher concentration. Hopefully it won't have any safety issues though. I just hope they figure out the right % and dosage soon enough. I'm not too worried about the pricing. It will definitely be more affordable than latisse no doubt.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                • Mar 2010

lol I am not being sarcastic. Minoxidil works wonders for me If I could have that AGAIN my hair would be amazing.

Comment

• Mens Rea
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                  CB-03-01??

I remember that back in 2007 they were planning Phase I trials, should be at market by now surely?

First two phases completed. Very impressive thus far.

Google it.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Mens Rea

Google it.
                    Thats great news! Would be great to have a good topical to free the follicles of DHT - and apparently it works differently to Fin which blocks the conversion to DHT via 5AR instead this competes for androgen sites in the scalp and occupies them.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                      • Dec 2010

The question I have is, how would this be different from Fin or Dut aside from the side effects? I mean Fin and Dut doesn't work for many people so how would this be different?
                      Cb-03-01

Comment

• Thinning@30
                        • Mar 2010

Google it.
                        Are you saying Latisse has completed Phase I and Phase II clinical trials for Bimatoprost as a scalp hair loss treatment? I thought they were just wrapping up Phase I and had not yet released the results, with Phase II not starting until June. If you have information that indicates otherwise could you post it here, or maybe include some links?

Of all the pipeline treatments, I think this one looks the most promising in terms of coming to market soon. I can't find the cite right now, but I remember reading somewhere about Hideo Uno's studies with macaques (a type of monkey that suffers from pattern scalp baldness just like humans) and the conclusion was that bimatoprost showed much better efficacy than minoxidil in promoting hair regrowth. I have no idea what concentrations were used in the study, but I don't think it was the 0.03 percent used for eyelash growth.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30
                          Are you saying Latisse has completed Phase I and Phase II clinical trials for Bimatoprost as a scalp hair loss treatment? I thought they were just wrapping up Phase I and had not yet released the results, with Phase II not starting until June. If you have information that indicates otherwise could you post it here, or maybe include some links?

Of all the pipeline treatments, I think this one looks the most promising in terms of coming to market soon. I can't find the cite right now, but I remember reading somewhere about Hideo Uno's studies with macaques (a type of monkey that suffers from pattern scalp baldness just like humans) and the conclusion was that bimatoprost showed much better efficacy than minoxidil in promoting hair regrowth. I have no idea what concentrations were used in the study, but I don't think it was the 0.03 percent used for eyelash growth.
                          I think he's talking about CB-03-01 Phase I & II trials.

I could be wrong though.

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

Are you saying Latisse has completed Phase I and Phase II clinical trials for Bimatoprost as a scalp hair loss treatment? I thought they were just wrapping up Phase I and had not yet released the results, with Phase II not starting until June.
                            Was talking about CB-03-01, a topical anti-androgen.

I saw back in 2008 they were beginning Phase I... I totally forgot to check up on progress lol, and now they're entering Phase III without any issues - which is pleasing.

Comment

Working...