+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Moderate temple recessions & thinning at 20! :(

BACKGROUND STORY (jump to "Get to the point..." if you cant be bothered with the background story/genetics)
    Hey, I started receding when I was 18, I'm 20 now and while it doesn't bother me most the time, it does bother me when I compare my hairline to people the same age as me, and when the wind sweeps my mid-length hair revealing temple recession. Also my aunt said I should shave all my hair off if it recedes any further :sobbing: I was motivated to do something about it when I was in the lift yesterday (it has a mirror) after being outside in the wind, and the light above was shining on my scalp and it was shocking how much it appeared I have receded , and further hair thinning, and now it seems it's all I can think about. :/

I am an identical twin and he is the same (if not worse) so it's deffinitely going to be a genetic thing. I also notice he has some hairloss at the crown, which I may too have, but I dont have eyes in the back of my head so I don't know. My dad is 57 and has a full head of thick healthy hair, but his brother went bald by the time he was 30. I don't believe I'm going to be heading in that direction any time soon but I'd like to stop it in it's tracks now as I've heard "the earlier the better".

Get to the point...
    So.. I'm 20, having moderate temple recession and thinning, with a widows peak. Likely to be genetic.

I have done some research and realise that DHT's, Hair growth stimulants, androgen blockers are the first-line treatments and how they work and plan on using propecia & nizoral and possibly minoxidil at the same time, but one thing I will NEVER trust, are companies out there trying to make profit (i.e. laser comb..), so I'd like some advice from real people please!

I'm also a student so money is very tight so maybe some cheaper alternatives would be useful aswell so long as theyre effective. I'm trying to achieve clear skin at the moment aswell which is also costing a bomb. :/

Personal goals: To prevent any further hair loss, and to thicken hair around the temples, and if possible to stimulate more growth. I don't want my youth to be over yet!

P.S. I'm 6'4", could my height have anything to do with not enough blood reaching my scalp? And I'm in the UK so lots of brand names you have in the US won't be available here, so using the names of active ingredients would be appreciated

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zukias View Post
    P.S. I'm 6'4", could my height have anything to do with not enough blood reaching my scalp?

Thanks!
    LOL sorry I just had to laugh at that.

And what if it did have something to do with it, what would you do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurts View Post
    LOL sorry I just had to laugh at that.

And what if it did have something to do with it, what would you do about it?
    Well, I get dizzy a lot when I stand up so it's just a wild guess.... but some sites do say it could be to do with blood flow aswell

This forum is really annoying how it doesn't let you edit your posts after 5 mins :/

Just been to my GP and she said its just nature and shrugged it off
    Also I'd need to pay to go privately to get a prescription for it which i certainly can't afford, anyone know any trusted sites I can order propecia without prescription?

most sites allow you to fill out an online prescription. Dizziness is normal when you stand up too fast.

This is the once you want. Don't be fooled by the simple page layout, it's legit!

ukfinasterideinfo.com

Hi Zukias,

I was 20 when I started thinning and I'm now nearly 29.

When I was 21 I tried Propecia for a few months but I was impatient, stopped using it and started Rogaine. From the age of about 21 and a half to the age of 28 Rogaine alone worked wonders for me in regrowing hair. It was absolutely fantastic and hopefully would have the same effect for you.

So it worked for nearly 7 years (it's now useless) and you may be happy with that period of time because you would get your youth back. You're unlikely to get any sides and you're not putting any drugs in your body. It's not as much of a hassle as you may hear and it's ok if you miss an application here and there.

In case you're wondering I am now taking Proscar (Fin) and have been on it for 3-4 months. Not sure if it's working yet.

Also you may want to wear your hair a little longer and brushed down (from the top) or up (from the sides) so it covers your temples. Doesn't help with the wind but it can hide things when you're indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    This is the once you want. Don't be fooled by the simple page layout, it's legit!

ukfinasterideinfo.com
    I've already made an account on that website & started the ordering process after seeing good reviews of it from others

& thanks kanyon, that's reassuring. Especially after visiting my GP today and listening to her say it is nature and there is nothing I can do about it.

I will be trying propecia too, but i'm a little wary about the side effects (although I think most of the negative-effects on these websites you come across is exagerated) & I'm not looking forward to the initial shedding!

Also, does anyone know how you can get 2% nizoral in the UK? I know you need a prescription for it but isn't there any sites, like ukfinasteride.co.uk where you can fill an online prescription for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zukias View Post
    I've already made an account on that website & started the ordering process after seeing good reviews of it from others

& thanks kanyon, that's reassuring. Especially after visiting my GP today and listening to her say it is nature and there is nothing I can do about it.

I will be trying propecia too, but i'm a little wary about the side effects (although I think most of the negative-effects on these websites you come across is exagerated) & I'm not looking forward to the initial shedding!

Also, does anyone know how you can get 2% nizoral in the UK? I know you need a prescription for it but isn't there any sites, like ukfinasteride.co.uk where you can fill an online prescription for it?
    Make a diary thread and update it every 2-3 months while on Finasteride. It would help many people.