+ Reply to Thread

Question Does anyone know of a cheaper effective alternative to the Belgravia Centre?

2 years ago I decided to go to the Belgravia Centre to help restore the hair that I was losing. I suffer from male pattern baldness, which started effecting me when I was 17. By the age of 22 the hair on the top of my head had thinned out and my hairline had receded dramatically. I felt incredibly self conscious to say the least, so decided to do something about it.

I contacted the Belgravia Centre who prescribed me with propecia and minoxidil 12.5% + azelaic acid cream. I used these medications for a year, with great success. My hair thickened, I experienced lots of re-growth and didn't experience any side effects. The only problem with the treatment was the price. Even with a student discount I paid £1000 for a year.

After the year I had to stop the treatment as I couldn't afford it. A year on my hair is starting to thin out again and I expect that in a year on two I will be back to where I started. Does anyone know of a similar effective treatment but for a lower price? Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Hi

Yes, I can my good man. for your minoxidil needs, try the link below:

http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/Ki...FYob4Qodoz22DQ

Reputable site and very cheap. I get 5% minoxidil at £18 for a 3 months supply. I have recently switched from 12.5% to the 5%. Whilst I now have to apply twice a day rather than once, there is not much of a differance. I do get a bit if scalp itch though, so consider the Roagaine foam. This is about £50 for 3 months, but is still much cheaper.

For your finasteride (1mg I presume?) I would go with the generic brand. I was prompted to access this site by Spex. If you do your research you will know that this guy is a not only a real gent and well versed in all things hair loss related, but he will even get back to you in person. Please refer to the link below.

http://ukfinasteride.info/prescriptions/

Ignore the basic looking site format, this is legit. You will have to fill out a prescription form for Dr Singh, but you can get a year's supply for £189. Do your research if you need to be convinced. They have limited stock though, so contacting them in advance is imperative.

If you want brand propecia, check out the Boots Hair retention programme. You are looking at £360 for the year (still cheaper).

I used to be a Belgravia patient. They are legit, but they are salesmen. You will get top product, but pay about 4 times what you should.

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot for the advise. I've had a look around various sites, but it's really difficult to know which ones are legit and which products are effective.

I was just wondering why you chose to change the strength of minoxidil? I had such good results with the 12.5%. Is there a massive difference in price? Also, do you think that it's worth going for the Roagaine foam rather than the minoxidil cream? I really don't know the difference between the different products.

I really appreciate your help this this.

Well, it was basically a case of me needing to find an alternative. I was a client with Belgravia for ten years (Minoxidil only) and spent literally thousands more than I needed to. Cost for 12.5% minoxdil worked out at £600per year. I only started propecia about 2 years ago (luckily for me, I went ten years without dramatic or aggressive loss). They were expecting £1200 a year for the combo. I did get a free Lasercomb out of it though. You will find a lot of naysayers about laser, but I feel that as an adjunct therapy, it helps. Anyway, I did some research and found that Dr Richard Lee sold 12.5% from the States at about £70 for a four month supply. Much cheaper and a quality product. Unfortunately, the FDA closed him down after over a decade of prescribing the ******* formulations. The guy helped provided a service to thousands over the years and I was sorry to hear him out of business. He made his own formulations and incorporated topical finasteride in some of them. This proved his downfall as safety concerns were raised as a precaution. Spencer though the guy was decent enough and he generally was well thought of. I changed to 5% as it's the easiest to obtain. No adverse or negative response thus far...

It's a matter of choice as to the what preperation you go for. Foam is well thought of so perhaps give it a go. Both do the same thing, but I hear efficiency is better with the foam in terms of potency and you will less likely iritate the scalp. If pushed, I'd say go with the foam. You can always switch if need be. To be honest, the Propecia is doing the "heavy lifting" as it were. The sources I provided you are the ones I use. Check around, but they are legit. Check out Spex's profile for reassurance.

Cheers

Cool. I think I'm going to go with the products that you recommended and see what happens. Really appreciate the advise. I was so worried that I was going to have to spend another £1000 with Belgravia!

Thanks again for the help, I'll message you to let you know how I get on!

Nice one, good luck mate. You don't have to pay a grand to get quality products. Glad to help!