+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some advice re BHR

Hi guys, can i ask why dr bisanga is not recomended? It seems on some forums he is highly praised, and on others no one talks about him? im looking at options for a FUE doctor, and saw some good results from him. But im scared that he has some skeletons in his closet...

Link to the threads where he's not recommended?

*crickets*

nobody has an opinion?

I've often wondered the same. Anyone?

I have often wondered the same thing. as I live in the UK so it would be easy for me to get to Belgium for a consultation and I would prefer to have FUE if suitable. However, I think it's simply down to this doctor being in Europe - this website is English language and my impression is that most of its users are in North America, so the focus is on the doctors working there.

You might find more feedback on French/German sites (with the help of Google translate?!) However I have searched for BHR and Bisanga on some of the other English language forums and found quite a few patient profiles.

I don't trust other forums. If a doctor is not recommended here through the IAHRS there is a reason. I just checked and there is one doctor in Belgium in the IAHRS.
    http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant...ijan-feriduni/

I briefly considered BHR for my transplant but decided on Dr Cole instead for the following reasons:

1) A lot of people point to the fact that Dr Bisanga once worked for Dr Cole as evidence of his ability, but surely it’s better just to go to Dr Cole?

2) Dr Bisanga can do FUE, but his website seems to be a bit lukewarm towards large FUE cases, stating “Dr Bisanga believes the FUE Technique has proved a good option for those with minimal thinning and those who have undergone multiple “older” procedures and their donor is impaired, as FUE opens the extraction area allowing hair to be removed in areas a Strip procedure could not. Larger areas of thinning say NW4 and higher can be treated with FUE but the person has to have better than average donor hair density and good hair characteristics to ensure sufficient FU numbers can be safely extracted and leave options for the future.”

http://bhrclinic.com/technique/folli...it-extraction/

3) Dr Cole has been doing FUE for about 8 years as nearly 100% of his practice. Dr Bisanga still clearly does a large percentage of his work with strip harvests. Dr Cole therefore has more experience of FUE.

When I told someone in the UK HT industry that I was thinking of going abroad for surgery, he said that the US was the place to go. I would guess that if you asked the world’s HT surgeons who they regarded as the best in the world, most of the names would be US/Canadian surgeons. Sadly I think that those of us in Europe have to accept that this forum focuses on the North American surgeons for good reasons, not just because it is an English language forum.

A plane ticket to the US from the UK costs more than a plane ticket to Brussels but both costs are small compared to the cost of surgery.

Very good analysis Neil UK. I wish I had done the same thing before my first surgery, unfortunately mine was a mess with another surgeon. Hope all works out for you, good luck, Dr Cole is the best.