+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Nanogen's "VEGF"

It sounds like bull-shit, but has anyone tried out Nanogen's new anti-hairloss concoction, apparently predicated on the idea of using VEGF, rather than minoxidil, to increase blood-supply to hair-follicles?

http://www.nanogenhair.com/hair-growth-serum.htm

Doubt it works

It promotes "natural hair growth" lol.... see how they word it? Clever buggers.

Its bullshit - I was doing some research on this a few weeks ago and found forum after forum of pissed off users -

Most of the shit out there is using the "sophisticated stem cell" labelling to convince customers its some kind of miricle FDA passed "Histogen style cure".

These ****ers shouldn't be allowed to sell these products without atleast some official clinical proof.

I think this should also answer your question, 99.9% of companies that use a statement like this are selling snake oil.

Any information found on this site has not been evaluated by the FDA. Our products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or prevent any disease.

UK, even vitamins and supplements have that on their labels...so all of those are scams?

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    UK, even vitamins and supplements have that on their labels...so all of those are scams?
    I was actually referring to companies selling hair loss products, thought the term "snake oil' would've made that clear.

Vitamins dont make ridiculous claims to regrow hair do they? (Well TRX2 does, but it also has a similar disclaimer as the one shown above ) If this product has not been approved by the FDA - then how on Gods earth do you know it works? Lol. A DIS-claimer is exactly that; telling you their claims are bullshit - it's really that simple.

Just a question, will you be buying this product? If not may I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I was actually referring to companies selling hair loss products, thought the term "snake oil' would've made that clear.

Vitamins dont make ridiculous claims to regrow hair do they? (Well TRX2 does, but it also has a similar disclaimer as the one shown above ) If this product has not been approved by the FDA - then how on Gods earth do you know it works? Lol. A DIS-claimer is exactly that; telling you their claims are bullshit - it's really that simple.

There are vitamins out there that people know of which are essential for aiding in healthy hair growth, but the bottles also state 'statements not approved by FDA' and so on...people have used silica, msm, other multi-vitamins which dont have approval, but thru consumers' trials is how we know they work for some people. Body builders use protein powders which include statements that are not FDA approved, but at the end of the day they build muscle.

Not claiming that TRX2 works, but the reason it is made as a natural supplement is because going thru FDA trials is too costly and would take forever to get to market. If you owned a company, and you knew that a product could potentially work without having to go through the FDA, would you? No, because as a business you dont want the extra costs. It would be great if everything went thru the FDA, but its not realistic.

I'm not arguing that most of the products out there are not scams, but to be fair, not everything under the sun is. The reason I'm taking TRX2 is because I believe there is something to it. I could give you a few reasons to why I believe it will, but it can be just as easy to negate and dismiss those reasons i.e. Thomas Whitfield has his PhD in this related field from Oxford, backed by other reputable organizations, reasonable explanation of how it works, clinical trials underway and to be released soon, etc, etc.

I will not be trying the nanogen product because, honestly, I have not heard much about it. While it is presented like any other 'treatment' out there, my gut tells me that it won't work. And thats all we can do with products that come out which are not FDA approved...follow your gut and try it to see if it works. If you want things to be FDA approved, then continue balding for another 10 years. At the end of the day, I guess people just want to feel like they are doing something about their hairloss. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

I understand what you're saying, but we know protein builds muscle, just as we know caffeine is a stimulant, we wouldn't need to prove such products in terms of efficacy or safety because the ingredients are.... well... just everyday food in a powdered form marketed as an "anabolic muscle-head goon pumper"- or words to that effect, if you even out the serving sizes of a weight gainer and slim fast you'll get pretty much the same intake of protein, carb & fats - its just the label and serving size you're buying into.

Take that same product and put a growth factor/chemical/drug or substance in there and tell me it packs on as much muscle as anabolic steroids - then I wanna see some studies and safety approval of the ingredients or the product before I pay for it - and most muscletech products, as you know always market their bullshit as if they've been studied on x amount of participants yadda yadda yadda - google "Anator" and you'll see what I mean, same shit different day.

I usually take these things at face value, and a disclaimer is a big sign telling me to keep my money in my wallet - and 100% of the time its worked - I mean... if I was wrong I wouldn't be here typing this message would I?, id be in the Maldives on a beach twisting my hair between my fingers under the hot sun. I get really bitter about this subject, not because ive been duped by one of these scams, but just the way they get your hopes up, build [marketing] hype and 6 months later find out nothing worked.

I mean just look at CyGenX, I nearly pissed myself laughing when I saw their YouTube style marketing bullshit video - and you can tell they were trying to viral this video throughout the entire hair loss community and net a hoard of poor suckers. I understand what you're saying, but id rather end that 10 years and have saved thousands by not buying into unproven treatments, thousands id have to spend on a demonstrable treatment when it arrives. Mind you, this Nanogen is pretty affordable at $109 for a 3 month supply.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post

It's not unsurprising that the TRX2 is making bold claims with no grounding in reality. It's creator, Thomas Whitfield, is utterly full of sh*t. So it would go to reason that his product is as well. He claims to be a world renowned expert in hairloss - yet if you do a literature search on him (i have access to strong scientific search engines at work and have done this) you can find nothing. Not a single paper published on hair loss. No talks. No conferences. No books. No interviews. Nada. Zilch. So what, exactly, are Whitfield's criteria for being a world recognized expert? I think using his criteria, anybody on these boards would be consider an expert.

His main skill seems to be in making tenuous links between some utterly unimpressive work he did as a PhD student and a minoxidil. And exploiting it to make some money off the hopes and desperation of people suffering from an unfortunate condition.

He's been promising data for a long time now and hasn't provided anything. That carrot will always dangle out of reach. And in much the same way, so will the results of all the people who are using his product. Don't worry, haven't seen results in 3 months, many users see at 6 months. Oh, no results at 6 months? Don't worry, some users see at 12. On and on. Just keep buying the product at 60$ a shot.

He's a joke and his product is nothing more than vitamins and AA's you can get off the shelf at GNC. Shame on him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    It's not unsurprising that the TRX2 is making bold claims with no grounding in reality. It's creator, Thomas Whitfield, is utterly full of sh*t. So it would go to reason that his product is as well. He claims to be a world renowned expert in hairloss - yet if you do a literature search on him (i have access to strong scientific search engines at work and have done this) you can find nothing. Not a single paper published on hair loss. No talks. No conferences. No books. No interviews. Nada. Zilch. So what, exactly, are Whitfield's criteria for being a world recognized expert? I think using his criteria, anybody on these boards would be consider an expert.

His main skill seems to be in making tenuous links between some utterly unimpressive work he did as a PhD student and a minoxidil. And exploiting it to make some money off the hopes and desperation of people suffering from an unfortunate condition.

He's been promising data for a long time now and hasn't provided anything. That carrot will always dangle out of reach. And in much the same way, so will the results of all the people who are using his product. Don't worry, haven't seen results in 3 months, many users see at 6 months. Oh, no results at 6 months? Don't worry, some users see at 12. On and on. Just keep buying the product at 60$ a shot.

He's a joke and his product is nothing more than vitamins and AA's you can get off the shelf at GNC. Shame on him.
    Sadly for us trying TRX2 out, I think you've summed him up perfectly.

We live in hope that results will be seen as promised! I personally have paid up for six months and after which if gains aren't apparent, i will not be chasing the dangled carrot no longer. But, what you've said sums him up, pretty sure of it.