+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

To answer your question, it would be difficult to know with certainty whether you're regrowing as opposed to minaturising unless there is a major difference of volume on your head. Can you see your scalp through your hair? Are you receeding (although this may not be an indicator of MPB)? Other ways would be to determine whether your hair feels thicker as you run your hand through it. Otherwise it's difficult to tell.

May I ask you why you intend to keep or regrow your hair if you plan not to have sex? Usually people are only bothered about their hair loss because they feel it will hamper their ability to attract members of oposite sex.

Well we're talking really early stages of hairloss so there's not a significant enough number of those short hairs to tell a big difference in thickness or anything at all.
    The fact that my hair has always been very thin doesn't help either.
    Is miniaturized hair just thinner and thinner each time it grows or is it also limited in length?
    So far it looks to me completely like my normal hair only that it's shorter.
    Just don't want to end up loosing some hair that otherwise could have been kept alive.
    I would go to a derm, but over here they are crazy. He would just look at my hair and probably tell me not to worry without even closely examining it. Most people don't even know what propecia/finasteride is here.
    Somehow I feel like it's very common for people in their late teens/early 20s to loose hair here (eastern europe) always see a lot of people my age with some recession in their, never seen that much of it in the US, or maybe it's just the way they style their hair here. And there's very very few people with a truly juvenile hairline,

Damn, I even see women that have temples like mine sometimes

And as for people caring about hair only for sexual reasons - seriously? I think there's a lot of people that DO care about sex but have different reasons to want to keep their hair. It's a part of one's identity, the way I am.
    The fact that I don't want to have sex does not mean it's not nice when people think you look good.
    Do you wear a rolex, drive a nice car or wear designer all to attract opposite sex?
    Well I guess to some extent people do but that's definetaly only a part of the story. Same with hair.

At least when I do loose most of it one day I won't be as paranoid, will just wear a wig :-).
    My father is slowly approaching 50, already going grey, but still NW1 (just a little higher hairline than me) so there's always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurts View Post
    You should become a priest!!
    The perfect priest!