+ Reply to Thread

Question Need advice about my donor area

I contacted HLC more than a year ago about doing a hair transplant, and they asked me to take medications (Finasteride and Minoxidil) to improve my donor area first.

So I took the medications (I wasn't 100% consistent with taking the medications, but I got an improvement).

I contacted HLC again and scheduled a hair transplant.

Then, recently, Dr. Özgür Öztan from HLC visited my country, and I had the chance to meet him and get a consultation about my donor area.

Unfortunately, he told me I have a weak donor area, and if I go for transplantation, he can't do more than 2,000 grafts (before this consultation, they suggested 3,500 grafts).

And he gave me two options:

* Do a 2,000 grafts hair transplant, and maybe take a little bit more from the beard (I have a strong beard). In addition, do a Biopsy test (in parallel) to examine why I have so many weak grafts and treat them.

* Do the Biopsy test first and check if I have an issue that I need to treat, treat it, and only then do the transplant.

I contacted my dermatologist to consult about the Biopsy test and schedule one. She said I don't need to do this test since she doesn't see any issue that needs treatment in my donor area.

Now, I am confused about what to do.

Both Dr. Özgür Öztan and my dermatologist are experts in their domains, but their opinions are a bit conflicting.

What do you suggest me to do at this point?

Should I try another clinic? I feel that HLC only take clients with perfect donor area.

***Note: Before the consultation with Dr. Özgür Öztan, I had a stress period that lasted months; could this be the cause of the weakness of my donor area? Does this make sense?

Attached pictures of my donor area; please let me know if you need more pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	back-1-j.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	74879   Click image for larger version

Name:	side-1-j.jpg

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	74880