+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does working out increased the rate of your hairloss?

I have read a lot postings from guys saying that their hair loss increased while they were going to the gym.?

Could you guys share your experiences with regards to this?
    What if your going to the gym, and you are taking propecia? Would " counter-attack" the the balding process to some degree?

Thanks guys

Hi

This seems to be an often speculated discussion point. I myself like to train. I think it is wise to incorporate a mix of resistance and cardio into your regime as a general rule anyway and I would suggest you work out in this way. Have a look at this thread.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=488

Providing you are not looking to take supplements or anabolic steroids, then I think you are ok. The brief, temporary rise in testosterone should not cause you too much bother. Anything that will reduce stress levels and make you feel good about yourself (especially given the recognised health benefits) should be a positive in my opinion. I have not found a detrimental effect on my own hair condition but I think common sense shouold prevail (i.e, avoid excessive, body buidling type training).

Hope this helps

Forget to add that I take 1mg finasteride daily!..

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Hi

This seems to be an often speculated discussion point. I myself like to train. I think it is wise to incorporate a mix of resistance and cardio into your regime as a general rule anyway and I would suggest you work out in this way. Have a look at this thread.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=488

Providing you are not looking to take supplements or anabolic steroids, then I think you are ok. The brief, temporary rise in testosterone should not cause you too much bother. Anything that will reduce stress levels and make you feel good about yourself (especially given the recognised health benefits) should be a positive in my opinion. I have not found a detrimental effect on my own hair condition but I think common sense shouold prevail (i.e, avoid excessive, body buidling type training).

Hope this helps
    Thanks for the response man, really helpfull

unfortunately, as much as i hate to admit it because i work out myself, i think it does have an impact. I think it accelerates hair loss, even when ur on fin.

In all honesty, I could'nt prove you wrong with certainty but for what it's worrth I disagree. In theory, the rise in testosterone could direct dht levels. However, it is documented in many places that taking finasteride can boost testestorone levels in itself!.. whilst there are plenty of guys who can claim they have lower libido, the forums are full of guys who have the opposite! There will always be differing viewpoints and whilst I respect yours I think it is about taking a measured approach. If you are looking to bench 200 + kg, work out five days a week and rinse the creatine etc, you are seriously elevating your levels which could cause problems. From what I have read, if you are sensible with your resistance training, eat well, so your cardio and avoid the "juice", you are going to be ok. Read that thread I posted and also do some research. You can't live in fear of it making things worse in my opinion!

I know Dr charles would probably advocate the same approach (he responded in either the outlined or another thread!).

So that's coming from Spencer and a top IAHRS doctor!

Mothernature-

I just wanted to comment after I took a look at your picture. To be honest, the lighting could be deceptive. Plus you have a short hair cut in that instance. Perhaps you have already done so, but I would advise you get checked out by a reputable doctor. Here in the UK, we have but one IAHRS doctor, whereas in the States you guys have about 50! You never know, you might be fine!,.. I hope that is the case for you man!

I train quite often and can't say that I noticed a neagtive effect!

alex where did you see my picture? Because i dont think ive posted it here. Also im from the UK i have classic MPB i dont need a doctor to diagnose me.

Hi

Apologies, I may have got you confused with someone else with regards to the pictures. I thought you had put one up. Interesting that you are from the UK. Generally, I'm used to reading about posters from the US. Just out of interest are you using anything other than Propecia?..

propecia, biotin, MSM, nizoral shampoo.

I do have pictures on another forum I would PM u but u cant on this forum

I have temporal recession NW2-3.