+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Is Dr. Gho's HST the real deal?

I've read some articles and forums on various sites lately about Dr. Gho's Hair Science Institute and HST procedure. I believe what that is is the transplantation of stem cells in the follicle and the regeneration of the donor area. This seems promising especially since his institute was sued for making false claims but won their case as the ruling found they were not lying. Here's a link:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/archive...hp/t-3375.html

Remember he also apparently just did multiplication on Wesley Sneijder

you would expect that those people on gho's website would have a much fuller head of hair with the technique that he's using. instead, his patients look like they may have used finasteride for a few months and that's it....you would expect much better results. of course, when oyu look at wesley sneijder it looks good, but...i really don't know why. let's not forget that wesley's hairloss wasn't that severe.

Best to assume it isn't unless he proves otherwise. Let's not get our hopes up too high. While the literature suggests that it is possible it is difficult to know whether he is actually doing what he says he is doing. He may actually be having some success but I am somewhat skeptical that he is getting the amount of donor regrowth he claims consistently. Perhaps his work on the sample of 5 in his paper was meticulous. You may not get the same treatment if you go to HSI. Like all FUE procedures, the skill of the surgeon is paramount. If you gave all the surgeons the same 0.6mm triple wave needle not all of them would have the same success. I know Dr. Gho does not perform the extractions on all the patients himself. Rest assured if he has cracked it all the other doctors will figure it out soon enough. I think we need to wait this one out.

You might also be interested in Dr. Cole's FUE work with Acell. He is claiming 54% donor regrowth which sounds promising. I do believe the industry will eventually get a handle on donor regeneration to some degree. Let's call it donor expansion because I'm not sure the high 90s is consistently possible. We'll probably still have a finite amount of donor (perhaps 10,000-15,000 by FUE rather than the 5,000-6,000 we have available at present) until Aderans or someone else pulls off cloning.

I think you'll find most doctors are hesitant to comment on Dr. Gho's recent claims. His reputation isn't the best but they're booming in the Netherlands at the moment. He's like the boy who cried wolf, even if has pulled it off, most aren't going to believe him straight off the bat. Many false dawns in the past.

In principal it seems possible, in practice it seems extraordinarily difficult. My gut feeling on this is that he's getting some regrowth but perhaps not what he claims. No results to shout about yet anyway. Time will tell.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Best to assume it isn't unless he proves otherwise. Let's not get our hopes up too high. While the literature suggests that it is possible it is difficult to know whether he is actually doing what he says he is doing. He may actually be having some success but I am somewhat skeptical that he is getting the amount of donor regrowth he claims consistently. Perhaps his work on the sample of 5 in his paper was meticulous. You may not get the same treatment if you go to HSI. Like all FUE procedures, the skill of the surgeon is paramount. If you gave all the surgeons the same 0.6mm triple wave needle not all of them would have the same success. I know Dr. Gho does not perform the extractions on all the patients himself. Rest assured if he has cracked it all the other doctors will figure it out soon enough. I think we need to wait this one out.

You might also be interested in Dr. Cole's FUE work with Acell. He is claiming 54% donor regrowth which sounds promising. I do believe the industry will eventually get a handle on donor regeneration to some degree. Let's call it donor expansion because I'm not sure the high 90s is consistently possible. We'll probably still have a finite amount of donor (perhaps 10,000-15,000 by FUE rather than the 5,000-6,000 we have available at present) until Aderans or someone else pulls off cloning.

I think you'll find most doctors are hesitant to comment on Dr. Gho's recent claims. His reputation isn't the best but they're booming in the Netherlands at the moment. He's like the boy who cried wolf, even if has pulled it off, most aren't going to believe him straight off the bat. Many false dawns in the past.

In principal it seems possible, in practice it seems extraordinarily difficult. My gut feeling on this is that he's getting some regrowth but perhaps not what he claims. No results to shout about yet anyway. Time will tell.
    Yeah that's interesting about Dr. Cole because I've looked into his work and he's very impressive and if he's able to regenerate donor hair then that may have sealed the deal on who I'd want as my HT doc

Dr. Cole is doing really a great job. And you are right, Dr. Gho only performs the surgery on the famous Dutch people who went to him . Wesley Sneijder and Gerard Joling...

Actually, the Netherlands doesn't even have a "good" hairclinic...the only good ones are in Belgium: ProHair (in Antwerp I believe) and Bijan Feriduni of course, who has really amazing results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    Dr. Cole is doing really a great job. And you are right, Dr. Gho only performs the surgery on the famous Dutch people who went to him . Wesley Sneijder and Gerard Joling...
    Yeah I watched some of the surgeries and I didn't see Dr. Gho doing any of them. The techs were just reefing out the grafts really quickly, machine gun style. Fat chance of good regrowth. Having said that, Sneijder's hair is looking good.

Feriduni is a FUE master. I hope he can get donor regrowth with Acell. It would make me think very differently about pursuing surgical hair restoration.

Inactive

My hope is also on other FUE experts to get donor rerowth because

Gho may work but

1) Too expensive
    2) Too time consuming
    3) Low Graft sessions
    4) Some things remain very foggy till today

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Yeah I watched some of the surgeries and I didn't see Dr. Gho doing any of them. The techs were just reefing out the grafts really quickly, machine gun style. Fat chance of good regrowth. Having said that, Sneijder's hair is looking good.

Feriduni is a FUE master. I hope he can get donor regrowth with Acell. It would make me think very differently about pursuing surgical hair restoration.
    Yes, Feriduni is...how you English-speakers say, the shizzle .

I think that the future does look brighter than ever. With ACell and Aderans coming up...and replicel...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    My hope is also on other FUE experts to get donor rerowth because

Gho may work but

1) Too expensive
    2) Too time consuming
    3) Low Graft sessions
    4) Some things remain very foggy till today
    Yes, did you also see the way they place the new hairlines...? It's terrible. I'm pretty sure that other experts laugh when they surf on their website...