+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Just to clarify:

1. If what you're saying about no more limited donor then what can be done? How much restoration can a NW7,6, or 5 get?

2. Since this thread was about Dr. Gho and he has a bad reputation may I quickly ask about why Dr. Armani has such a bad rep? His photos are amazing but no one in the hair loss/transplant world will praise anything he's done. Does anyone know if he'll be getting involved in acell regeneration like Dr. Cole? (Cole is pretty much as good as Armani anyway)

We're not at the point where donor is unlimited. Not yet. Dr. Cole is getting regrowth of 54 in every 100 follicles extracted using Acell in an initial study. So realistically we could be looking at donor expansion. Let's say in excess of 10,000 (up to 13,000) by FUE if this is a consistent thing. You could even do a decent restoration on some norwood 7s if this is the case.

As for that other guy. Well they don't talk about him much here. He's willing to give young guys with minimal loss negative norwood lego man hairlines for 3000 grafts. Down the road that's going to spell disaster unless donor expansion, hair multiplication or autocloning of some sorts comes along.

Some people already have 10.000 grafts available...so those people would be able to have a little more than 15.000 grafts if this ACell thing works. I still stand by what I said a few weeks ago: as long as the hairline is restored, midscalp area and they transplant the crown with thin hairs, you can use toppik all over and it will be like a full head of hair, as long as you transplant enough hairs for toppik to attach itself to those hairs.

Inactive

And what is the goddamn point in using toppic? Tell me what is the point. With 15.000 Grafts which is around one third of your average hair, i say you can get an pretty awesome result with a real high density OVERALL.

Also it depends on the size/mass of your head, a NW7 with 160 square cm to plaster will be more or less easier fixed then someone with more then 240 square cm to plaster.

You and your toppic, who gives, if i can get an very expanded donor area, shit i would prefer this over toppic, which is so fake as a rug.

In general, people have higher ressources then it is told them (unless you had strip scars, thos will of course limit your donor possiblilities).

Sorry Pal with an expanded/ unlimited donor, i would go for a REAL restoration and not some shitty Camouflage Bullcrap.

Even a NW7 can harvest around 5000 Grafts from his horseshoe, so this would probably get things done even with 80% regrowth rate. You can see really good NW6/NW5 transformations today, and those are only your average Joe techniques. So my mind begins to think

"If they can achieve pretty good results with a limited donor, what could they do with infinite or expanded donor?"

If some regrowth occurs at normal and average FUE session to around 30% or so, can this be totalled to 100%? The answer is a simple

"YES but we all know 100% of everything is not easy achievable" so i say a regrowth rate of 90 to 95% could be very realistic if the whole pack or surgeons would try to experiement a little with

1) minimal depth approaches
    2) "good" transection
    3) regenerative medicine (as a helper in the first place, its good for starters)
    4) storage solutions above the average Ringer solution or NaCL solution
    5) smaller extraction needles

After one year we would get more and more reports of "strange regrowth" you can quote me on that.

Cole got his average 54% only because he had at least 1,3 and 5 done (where i am not sure about number 5 because iam nor familiar with his instruments but the less white dot pigmentation even without Acell makes me think so)

Comparison : Some doc from the EU Keser, seems to hit the marker on point 2 and 5 with his around 30% regrowth rate

What Gho does, if we could take him seriously is 1,2,4 and 5 (point 3 i dont know for sure)

Whoever said that we should expect more effective solutions from the hair loss industry is totally correct. I mean, Minoxidil and Propecia already generate millions of dollars yet they don't do a damn thing. Saw palmetto, green tea, emu oil, cayenne peppers, and these "all natural" treatments are just absolute horseshit. All we have are two pretty ineffective drug and hair transplant procedures which are far from effective. So many things can and do go wrong with hair transplants: 1) no ability to generate new hair, 2) permanent scarring, 3) shock loss, and 4) multiple procedures need to be performed to achieve anything close to a full head of hair. I wish doctors wouldn't focus all their attention on such ineffective procedures and work to develop more effective solutions. I mean, a chemical called Noggin has been proven to cause robust hair growth yet no one looks to develop a product using this chemical to work on humans. These so-called researchers can spend an entire career testing on mice and mice only, all the while generating tons of money for their lab yet never developing anything viable for humans. Mice don't need a cure for hair loss, humans do. And to me, these researchers who only test on mice yet never do anything to benefit humans are about as worthless as henshit on a pump-handle. It just boggles my mind how these researchers can win award after awards for testing on mice yet never doing anything to benefit humans. Some people say that no viable solution is available for hair loss because it is not a life-threatening disease, but that is inexcusable. People can get sex-changes, breast augmentation, and facial reconstruction, and none of these are life-threatening by any means. I believe hair loss causes more devastation than any of these aforementioned issues, yet there is still no effective solution to combat hair loss and regrow hair. It's just absolutely sickening and totally unacceptable.

I think I mentioned both the points. Here's the thing; don't expect anything from 99% of the HT doctors out there. They're just mechanically moving hair and getting paid handsomely to do so. A handful of doctors are actually trying to go that step further and give us something better. Dr. Bernstein is the perfect example, they'd still be doing those shitty plugs if it wasn't for him.

It's 2011 and they're growing bladders and fingers in labs, they're keeping lungs and livers operating outside the body on special preservation machines while they wait for the transplant patients to come in. Time for the hair restoration industry to catch up.

As for current medical options; pathetic. I see some people going off in the finasteride threads going "Actually my libido is higher" and "I have more energy in the gym." They should get a clue. The whole premise is a disaster. I could show them Anabolics 9th Edition by Llewellyn and what reducing DHT really means but they'll turn a blind eye and go, "But it's FDA approved." It's a bullshit treatment. They've only begun to understand what DHT does in the last 10 years. Your body doesn't just produce it for a laugh to make you bald.

Inactive

Jop those medics are not an option anymore. Lowering DHT well long time side effects could be drastic andway more brutal then hair loss could ever be.

The best bet i think right now would be surgical multiplication because of its possible consistent results, when done right.

So i give all those Bernstein, COle, Hitzig and Cooley Docs 2 years or so before we can finally cheer up ^^

I am really wondering about Propecia as well. I've been taking it for about a year now and although I see less hair falling out, it really hasn't done much of anything. And I noticed that at the gym, I'm lifting less weight than I have in a long long time. Granted, I took some time off from lifting, but I've never had this kind of a dropoff in how much weight I can lift. It feels like some one has sapped all of the strength out of my body. Granted, I haven't lost that much weight but I haven't lifted this badly since high school. I'm really wondering if it's the Propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I am really wondering about Propecia as well. I've been taking it for about a year now and although I see less hair falling out, it really hasn't done much of anything. And I noticed that at the gym, I'm lifting less weight than I have in a long long time. Granted, I took some time off from lifting, but I've never had this kind of a dropoff in how much weight I can lift. It feels like some one has sapped all of the strength out of my body. Granted, I haven't lost that much weight but I haven't lifted this badly since high school. I'm really wondering if it's the Propecia.
    I'll have a look again in the 9th edition of Anabolics and see what it has to say about DHT and performance over the weekend. It's primarily a central nervous system problem and trouble with making neurological adaptions during vigorous exercise. It's scary reading. Anyone in the bodybuilding community will tell you that 5AR inhibitors affect lifting. It's undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    And what is the goddamn point in using toppic? Tell me what is the point. With 15.000 Grafts which is around one third of your average hair, i say you can get an pretty awesome result with a real high density OVERALL.

Also it depends on the size/mass of your head, a NW7 with 160 square cm to plaster will be more or less easier fixed then someone with more then 240 square cm to plaster.

You and your toppic, who gives, if i can get an very expanded donor area, shit i would prefer this over toppic, which is so fake as a rug.

In general, people have higher ressources then it is told them (unless you had strip scars, thos will of course limit your donor possiblilities).

Sorry Pal with an expanded/ unlimited donor, i would go for a REAL restoration and not some shitty Camouflage Bullcrap.

Even a NW7 can harvest around 5000 Grafts from his horseshoe, so this would probably get things done even with 80% regrowth rate. You can see really good NW6/NW5 transformations today, and those are only your average Joe techniques. So my mind begins to think

"If they can achieve pretty good results with a limited donor, what could they do with infinite or expanded donor?"

If some regrowth occurs at normal and average FUE session to around 30% or so, can this be totalled to 100%? The answer is a simple

"YES but we all know 100% of everything is not easy achievable" so i say a regrowth rate of 90 to 95% could be very realistic if the whole pack or surgeons would try to experiement a little with

1) minimal depth approaches
    2) "good" transection
    3) regenerative medicine (as a helper in the first place, its good for starters)
    4) storage solutions above the average Ringer solution or NaCL solution
    5) smaller extraction needles

After one year we would get more and more reports of "strange regrowth" you can quote me on that.

Cole got his average 54% only because he had at least 1,3 and 5 done (where i am not sure about number 5 because iam nor familiar with his instruments but the less white dot pigmentation even without Acell makes me think so)

Comparison : Some doc from the EU Keser, seems to hit the marker on point 2 and 5 with his around 30% regrowth rate

What Gho does, if we could take him seriously is 1,2,4 and 5 (point 3 i dont know for sure)
    First of all, I have never had a transplant and am only a Norwood 1. Secondly, it's very comforting to be able to fall back on toppik if you can't achieve that much density with your existing hair. If you transplant enough for toppik to attach itself, then you can get a very awesome result. If cloning or Aderans or ACell is available a few years after that, you can always do that. That's all I'm saying. It's about feeling good when you get out of your house.