+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bimatoprost

Default careprost

Quote Originally Posted by mg39 View Post
    I had already checked there, they don't ship to Canada hence my question for luvmakeup1000
    Sorry, I get it from there also. They use to ship to canada but had problems and stopped. I looked to see where the other girls where getting it from and they get it from the same place.

I don't think you need a stronger solution just more of it and maybe adding 3 or 4 bottles of it to another topical and mixing could make it last a month for the entire head and the generica would only be about $10-$12 each, so around $45 for a month on something that will grow hair for sure it pretty worth trying for two months. But I guess you need to get it first and shipping it to Canada seems to be pretty expensive that would add on another $20 or so....eeek

Default careprost

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Yes I do remember him mentioning that. I just have a difficult time believing anything will work. So does anyone know when the stronger version might come out? It's in clinical trials right?
    Hey, why don't you google careprost and check out the pics of all the girls who tried it on makeup alley...they have before and after pics. It really works and it works really well. Think about how little it takes. I don't even use a full drop and it goes on a tiny brush (I use one smaller than the one they provide) it's an eyeliner brush it might have 20 hairs bunched together and with half a drop on the brush I drag across my lashline once and that's it. Once a day and all kinds of hair grew. You need to see the pics to see the difference, it's crazy.

Also, someone said they have a pale scalp and is worried about darkening, it did cause some darkening around the outer corners of my eyes. I would imagine if it did darken your scalp some that would help to make the thinning not as noticable right? Anways, the darkening went away after I stopped using it.

Just an update guys....

Been on Careprost for a week now, I only managed to take photos yesterday and not before I started as ive been super busy. Will upload comparison photos in a month or so.

My routine is as follows: shower, dry hair then I add 3 drops of the stuff on my left temple area where I'm thinning, leave for a few moments then rub in.

As of yet, no sides, my eyes are still blue and my skin is still pale :P

Quote Originally Posted by petewete View Post
    Does Latisse work at the front/sides of the hairline? from what i understand minox only works on the crown.
    Minoxidil/Finasteride works where ever there is hair on your scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by follicle View Post
    Just an update guys....

Been on Careprost for a week now, I only managed to take photos yesterday and not before I started as ive been super busy. Will upload comparison photos in a month or so.

My routine is as follows: shower, dry hair then I add 3 drops of the stuff on my left temple area where I'm thinning, leave for a few moments then rub in.

As of yet, no sides, my eyes are still blue and my skin is still pale :P
    Thanks. Im curious what will happen.

You can buy a gram of Bim and mix it into your minox. I am thinking of buying some and adding 60mg to a 60ml bottle of minox. the prices I was quoted for 1 gram of BIM was $1750 and $2200. So it will cost around $100-120 a month to have a more powerful BIM solution than the eye drops. Too expensive for me!

Why is this stuff so damn expensive ? $2000 for a gram !!!! This is like a million dollar for a pound. WTF !

I wouldn't rule out the 0.03% just yet, see how I get on...

Unhappy read it, bought it .... regretted it

Quote Originally Posted by luvmakeup1000 View Post
    Hey guys, actually I used Latisse on my brows and lashes and it works. Somone said it doesn't grow new hair but it DOES grow new hair. My lashes have always been sparse and short once I started using it, I had new growth along the whole lash line and brows. My lashes were double the thickness and triple the length. Everyone thought I got lash extensions and I couldn't even believe it myself. I went from barely being able to see my lashes to them scraping my sunglasses when I blinked.

Also, most of us women now use careprost which is another generic for it and if you google that, there is a ton of reviews from women using it and it's easier to get. You can get it from Canada which is where most of us get it from. It's only ten bucks and I was actually thinking of adding it to something since my hair is thinning out pretty badly from hormones.

Anways, hope that helps you guys!! Good luck.
    hi , just a brief message about the use of any product that promotes growth with chemicals. I used a Rogaine course & the results made my brow hair brittle & sparse. Also posted a readers comments regarding this as it is surprising unqualified beauticians are promoting a product that has bad results. Girls just don't make any quick decisions or @ the very least, seek advice from a qualified professional.

Dear Kate, a very well written article and funny , just have to mention this one statement you published.

My shape wasn’t too bad, apparently, but needed some growing out, which could be done by...this is THE best tip ever...use REGAINE. Yes, the stuff that old dudes use to try and encourage their left side hair to join up with the hair on the right side of their noggins.

As a health professional the use of REGAINE is NOT recommended for anywhere other than the scalp namely the Vortex area at the top of the scalp, and this only is successful for 55% of users. It doesn’t work for receding hairlines around the temples and forehead. It is especially NOT to be used for the Brows.
    The active ingredient is Minoxidil, this drug was designed to help people reduce their high blood pressure, some users during trials experienced hair growth or further hair loss stopped.
    If readers did a simple search on the web you will find countless bad experiences of people attempting to use Minoxidil for the exact purpose your article states.

Please note: DO NOT USE THIS FOR YOUR EYEBROWS. I am perplexed to find anyone including a misguided eyebrow technician advocating this product other than for it’s original use.
    Only advice that can be given is research prior to putting anything on your skin especially your face, research research research.

Jill
    Fri 08 Jul 11 (09:41am)
    Comment made from Millie Herd Article use of Rogaine

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    ............?

Surely they can't MAKE a follicle?
    The available approved/cleared treatments cannot make new follicles. They might be able to awaken dormant follicles if it is not too late. Hair follicles can only remain in a dormant state for so much time, then they die. The longer the areas have been void of hair, the longer the follicles in those areas have been dormant - and are more likely to have died. Starting treatment as soon as the hair loss is noticed is best. If one puts off treating it for too long, more follicles die – therefore it will be less likely non-surgical treatments can help in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Minoxidil/Finasteride works where ever there is hair on your scalp.
    This is what my doctors tell me. Though they put it as "where ever there is still some hair". Minoxidil can do nothing for areas that are totally void of hair - and have been that way for a long time.