+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimatoprost

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    Keep, from what I have read, some have been known to use it on the eyebrows with success. Bimatoprost (.03%) will not grow new hairs but help to growth miniturized hairs thicker, longer, and darker. Some could have luck with it, while others may not. I know Clinical trials are going on right now where 1ml of Bimatoprost 'Solution A' will be applied daily on the scalp and also another group of people who will be using Bimatoprost 'Solution B' daily on the scalp. I believe these solutions will differ in that they will try to achieve new hair growth. From the reviews, the site looks legit, but who knows. Average price is between $80 - $120 for brand name Latisse.
    Of course not. No treatments currently do that. What do you mean though? Minox/Finasteride don't create new hair but just work on helping the miniaturized ones as well.

http://www.***.com/interact/viewtopi...sd=a&start=710

*** = hair loss talk (CLICK link first, then replace)

That link, whatever it is, doesn't work.

Actually, in some cases minoxidil and Fin have been shown to grow new hairs. It is rare but it's happened.

............?

Surely they can't MAKE a follicle?

How long would one bottle last? and how often should it be applied? thinking of trying the generic stuff from India, $10 + $25 delivery to the UK. This will be the first thing I try for my thinning hair.

^DO NOT try this as your first treament. Also, don't use that site. You need more than 0.03%.

Educate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    ^DO NOT try this as your first treament. Also, don't use that site. You need more than 0.03%.

Educate yourself.
    Hopefully they could bring out a shampoo version - but it wont be cheap.

3ml for £15 here with postage - probably last me about 4 days lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post

Educate yourself.
    What should I use then? is it available in a strength greater than 0.03% then Latisse seems to be the same, you seemed quite keen on it at the beginning of the thread?

The only research that has been made public is the tests that Dr. Alan Bauman is conducting. I believe he used the 0.03% he's never claimed that it would grow hair just that it made existing hair thicker. I think Spencer posted a more recent video of one of Dr. Bauman's patients and his experiences.
    As for a stronger version of it that would grow hair, the guys on *** are assuming that a stronger concentration will grow hair and are trying to buy generic Bimatoprost and mixing up a stronger version.
    It should be noted that on the same site a group of the members were trying to buy CB-03-01 from a Chinese lab and mix it themselves.
    Before I did anything like that I would wait for the parent companies who are developing the drugs to get further along in their research.
    Last edited by mlao; 05-15-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: addition

Smile it will grow hair

Hey guys, actually I used Latisse on my brows and lashes and it works. Somone said it doesn't grow new hair but it DOES grow new hair. My lashes have always been sparse and short once I started using it, I had new growth along the whole lash line and brows. My lashes were double the thickness and triple the length. Everyone thought I got lash extensions and I couldn't even believe it myself. I went from barely being able to see my lashes to them scraping my sunglasses when I blinked.

Also, most of us women now use careprost which is another generic for it and if you google that, there is a ton of reviews from women using it and it's easier to get. You can get it from Canada which is where most of us get it from. It's only ten bucks and I was actually thinking of adding it to something since my hair is thinning out pretty badly from hormones.

Anways, hope that helps you guys!! Good luck.