+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimatoprost

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Yes I do remember him mentioning that. I just have a difficult time believing anything will work. So does anyone know when the stronger version might come out? It's in clinical trials right?
    Well Dr Bauman stated that Latisse is only just as effective as minoxidil - so why bother paying more when minox does the same job.

Will have to see about a stronger dose.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Me too. Where can we get it ?? I don't care if it's expensive. I've already wasted 1000's on HTs. Even a couple 100's a month won't be bad after my loss.
    how did you waste 1000s? if you dont mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Well Dr Bauman stated that Latisse is only just as effective as minoxidil - so why bother paying more when minox does the same job.

Will have to see about a stronger dose.
    to me the appeal of this is that it works faster, doesnt seem to cause the initial shedding and you dont have to apply it twice a day.

Does Latisse work at the front/sides of the hairline? from what i understand minox only works on the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by wilymon View Post
    how did you waste 1000s? if you dont mind me asking.
    Well, after about 4000 grafts (over the past 10 years) the thinning continued in the same area that was transplanted. It turns out for some very very unlucky few -like me- even a god damn transplant won't help because for some unknown reason we eventually LOSE the transplanted hairs or most of it. So, that was 1000's of dollars down the drain for me.

ok guys, new here ( though I have been lurking for 4 years or so...) I've not tried anything for my hairloss I am 24 and a norwood 2 but I just ordered some generic version of this stuff, will take some pictures and keep you updated with results or any sides...

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Well, after about 4000 grafts (over the past 10 years) the thinning continued in the same area that was transplanted. It turns out for some very very unlucky few -like me- even a god damn transplant won't help because for some unknown reason we eventually LOSE the transplanted hairs or most of it. So, that was 1000's of dollars down the drain for me.
    :-( that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by follicle View Post
    ok guys, new here ( though I have been lurking for 4 years or so...) I've not tried anything for my hairloss I am 24 and a norwood 2 but I just ordered some generic version of this stuff, will take some pictures and keep you updated with results or any sides...
    I appreciate you taking one for the team and trying this stuff out, but you really should be on proven hairloss medication so you can at least keep what you have. make an appointment with your doctor, or better yet, an IAHRS doc (if one lives near you) so you can get advice from a professional and maybe get prescribed proper medication. I'm not saying "dont try Bimotoprost," but you should at least be on something else if you're really serious about stopping your hairloss.

:-( that sucks
    Way beyond sucks. No way to describe how I feel now.

I appreciate you taking one for the team and trying this stuff out, but you really should be on proven hairloss medication so you can at least keep what you have. make an appointment with your doctor, or better yet, an IAHRS doc (if one lives near you) so you can get advice from a professional and maybe get prescribed proper medication. I'm not saying "dont try Bimotoprost," but you should at least be on something else if you're really serious about stopping your hairloss.
    No I get that, I am thinking of taking Minox but like alot of ppl im just dreading a shed you know? Though I could just put it on my temples for now and see what happens. There is no way I'm taking propecia. My hair loss has been slow since I was 16, I'm not destined for a Norwood 7. What I will do is put bima on one temple and then minox on the other see which one yields better results. Thanks for your concern though.