+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Weighlifting on Propecia

Should people even attempt it?

lol yeh why not? But DHT is central to the development of muscle, it is several times the potency of testosterone so you might lose some strength on propecia...

I honestly think I increased the rate of my hair loss from all the years I used to weight train, I noticed my hair line went back a little when I started taking natural test boosters, I felt great, had amazing gains but in my honest opinion, I do believe anything that increases test is sure to accelerate your hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    lol yeh why not? But DHT is central to the development of muscle, it is several times the potency of testosterone so you might lose some strength on propecia...

I honestly think I increased the rate of my hair loss from all the years I used to weight train, I noticed my hair line went back a little when I started taking natural test boosters, I felt great, had amazing gains but in my honest opinion, I do believe anything that increases test is sure to accelerate your hair loss.

Me too man! I thought it was just me. I think there defo is a link between weight training and hair loss. My hair loss started when I first started hitting the weights in the gym properly (and consuming protein shakes,-though I believe this had nothing to do with it) when i was 17. I didnt consider the possibility that going to the gym was causing my hair loss untill a few months ago. Around August last year when I started weight training again after a long time of on-and-off weight training, I noticed that my hair seriously (noticably) thinned out by February. Maybe it was inivitability that my hair would thin out sooner or later but the rate at which it thinned out caused me to correlate between the times I started hitting the weights and started seeing increased shedding.

I wouldnt say it caused it but it definately accelerated it. Same with wanking/sex

Anyway it's a good question and I hope propecia users who weight train can answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurts View Post
    Me too man! I thought it was just me. I think there defo is a link between weight training and hair loss. My hair loss started when I first started hitting the weights in the gym properly (and consuming protein shakes,-though I believe this had nothing to do with it) when i was 17. I didnt consider the possibility that going to the gym was causing my hair loss untill a few months ago. Around August last year when I started weight training again after a long time of on-and-off weight training, I noticed that my hair seriously (noticably) thinned out by February. Maybe it was inivitability that my hair would thin out sooner or later but the rate at which it thinned out caused me to correlate between the times I started hitting the weights and started seeing increased shedding.

I wouldnt say it caused it but it definately accelerated it. Same with wanking/sex
    Yeah it seems anything to do with being a man causes hair loss - what a bitch eh? I used to love weight training, used to pack on gains an feel/look great.... you know hair loss is the ONLY reason I dont lift anymore - and its depressing being small... but its even worse being without hair... chrissake someone for ****s sake cure baldness so I can hit the gym again? I always hear the "dont worry about hair loss" garbage but damn it effects you in so many different ways - at work, home, relations, psychology, confidence, happiness, social life, activities the list is endless - anyone downplaying the impact of MPB needs to experience it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yeah it seems anything to do with being a man causes hair loss - what a bitch eh? I used to love weight training, used to pack on gains an feel/look great.... you know hair loss is the ONLY reason I dont lift anymore - and its depressing being small... but its even worse being without hair... chrissake someone for ****s sake cure baldness so I can hit the gym again?
    That's exactly why I stopped going to the gym......I might just be freaking out though, I'm not even sure if I have MPB, but better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    That's exactly why I stopped going to the gym......I might just be freaking out though, I'm not even sure if I have MPB, but better safe than sorry.
    I genuinely believe weight training promotes hair loss... I remember when I used to train, I didnt even have hair loss in my mind - but id have all the symptoms of high test, increased sex drive, more energy, aggression etc... and more test = more dht... it was jus one morning i woke up and noticed my hair line looked a little further back than normal... i just thought it was because my hair was a mess in the morning... but 3 years later im spending each an every day in the mirror staring down the barrel of a thinning crown... damn... what a bitch!

Well, things look promising. Hopefully they find a cure/ or an even better solution that rogaine/propecia to this soon.

**** it, im going to try propecia. If I get sides I'll ride it out a bit and if it dont stop I'll stop taking it. I just hope I dont get ****ed up.

I'm sure youll be fine man. You could always ease your self into it. I guess thats what seem people do, go buy pill cutters at walgreens and cut the mgs into half. Let us know your progress