+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thing is if you can regenerate a follicle you can regenerate almost any organ/limb of the human body, designer babies are coming.

Actually Hitzig said he needed to learn the procedure of extracting cells from bone marrow and would take around 2 weeks or something. I'm sure he would have learned by this time. He said the problem with hair loss may end in 2 yrs haha. Telling Spencer that he would not need to waste on paint. So where are the damn results? The Stem cell procedure does seem like a very good idea to try.

It seems to me that regenerating a hair follicle would seem a hell of a lot easier than regenerating organs like heart, lungs, etc. I've heard that organs like the lungs and liver are already being regenerated so how come we can't regenerate a hair follicle, which would seem to be a hell of a lot easier?

Default Embryonic Stem Cells?

The hair follicle seems to be pretty complex and there is a lot of research being done but the obvious things that should be attempted are not being done, I feel like there is too much focus on acell/prp and not enough on turning on those stem cells in the scalp or reinjecting a healthy set of new progenitor cells. What about embryonic stem cells to see if you can restore hair?

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Actually Hitzig said he needed to learn the procedure of extracting cells from bone marrow and would take around 2 weeks or something. I'm sure he would have learned by this time. He said the problem with hair loss may end in 2 yrs haha. Telling Spencer that he would not need to waste on paint. So where are the damn results? The Stem cell procedure does seem like a very good idea to try.
    Yeah I remember him saying that, I mean can you really imagine MPB coming to an end in 18 - 20 months time? lol Doubt it.

I agree, I liked Dr. Hitzig for his persistence but you hear a lot of talk for very few results.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    I agree, I liked Dr. Hitzig for his persistence but you hear a lot of talk for very few results.
    They're all the same - Follica said back in 2008 they'd have a cure in 3 years - now they're telling us they're still experimenting with mice - and a decade would be hopeful LOL Nobody but Histogen and Aderans have provided actual evidence that they are moving forward.

Hey KeepHoping, that is the problem: people are doing extensive research on hair yet no one is willing to try anything beyond testing on mice. The combination of WNT and Noggin proteins have been proven to form a pit in the skin, telling stem cells to become hair as opposed to skin. Yet has anyone tried to use these proteins in combination to regrow hair in humans? No. BMP agonists have been shown to regrow hair, but no one has attempted to test them on humans. Same thing goes for TB-4. And it really shocks me that with all the money to be made for a hair loss cure, there are only a handful of people attempting to cure it. I heard something saying that people spend like 6 billion dollars a year on medications and treatments to improve their hair, and that is on ineffective stuff like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants. I also saw a statistic saying that only 7 percent of men actually pay to improve their hair regrowth, since the options for treatment are very limited. So imagine if there was a totally effective hair regrowth cure out there. That 6 billion dollars number would rise literally exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Hey KeepHoping, that is the problem: people are doing extensive research on hair yet no one is willing to try anything beyond testing on mice. The combination of WNT and Noggin proteins have been proven to form a pit in the skin, telling stem cells to become hair as opposed to skin. Yet has anyone tried to use these proteins in combination to regrow hair in humans? No. BMP agonists have been shown to regrow hair, but no one has attempted to test them on humans. Same thing goes for TB-4. And it really shocks me that with all the money to be made for a hair loss cure, there are only a handful of people attempting to cure it. I heard something saying that people spend like 6 billion dollars a year on medications and treatments to improve their hair, and that is on ineffective stuff like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants. I also saw a statistic saying that only 7 percent of men actually pay to improve their hair regrowth, since the options for treatment are very limited. So imagine if there was a totally effective hair regrowth cure out there. That 6 billion dollars number would rise literally exponentially.
    If an effective treatment became available id chuck 50 grand at it without thinking or whatever it costs - take out loans sell my car use my savings -

I think you are right but regrettably I guess these things take time or require FDA clearance to actually do it to a human. Although it appears that the WNT proteins that Histogen are using seem safe I guess they still have to pass through some serious trails.