+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

She's not a fraud, I think sometimes she disappears up her own arse with work.
    I seem to be doing reasonably well the condition is now under control she said I am 70% of the way there. I will soon begin to deplete per week what I use and ween myself off it.
    I am getting regrowth but thin Velus hairs I will have to wait for them to thicken up which is taking a while.

I lurked through this thread, and wondering how you all have been coming along. I'm 28,and have an appointment tomorrow with a dermatology NP (nurse practioner) where I will go into a nervous breakdown if she tells me I've got MPB..

I went back 3 generations on both mother and father's sides and everyone is dead...with full hair. I've always had thick hair that stylists constantly compliment about how thick and gorgeous it is and how lucky I am.

Naturally, I took it for granted, as this past week, despite my hairline looking the same it always has as far as I can tell (always had the triangles in my temples since puberty) the crown of my head near my cowlick seems to either be thinning or just widening in general. Now that i'm obsessing over it I've noticed my whole head just appears sickly and not full and flowing like it used to be. My head has been itching and inflamed for six months but I've thought nothing of it until now (just figured it's dry..it's usually oily).

I do NOT want propecia/endocrine drugs. I already take Valium (nervous system drug), Prilosec (gastric system), and Inderal (blood pressure) I can't handle another one that turns me impotent. I like sex.

I've read of this stress related hair loss (TE) and I have pretty much been in non stop stress since December 2008. The past 2 months alone have included severe stomach flu/food poisoning and surgical routine endoscopy and colonoscopy with anaesthesia... Now I'm going to find out my crown is balding and will lose the only part of my body I have great self esteem for?!!

we don't have the trich specialty here in Florida, just dermatologists and some people say to go to endocrinologists because they can check all the hormone related stuff. UGH. I'M SO UPSET.

EDIT: I went back and viewed a video that I could see the back top of my cowlick exactly a year ago and I can see the same spot was already there.. I don't know what to make of it. Either i've always had this..or i've been going downhill for years and couldn't tell until randomly happening to notice it in 2 mirrors after my shower the other day. I wish my scalp would also stop itching. I've done some research but I can't tell if it's a good or bad sign for MPB diagnoses if your scalp is itching with inflammation.
    Last edited by keepingmyhair; 02-27-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: grammar.

Seems like TE will be something common in the future, with our stressed out society.

Ill tell you about my hair and then about my situation.

A month ago I noticed my crown was thinning severely. I had lots of hair on my head, but my crown was thin as hell. After visiting the barber for my usual 6-month cut (im cheap i only cut every half year) I could notice my crown was almost bald! Almost got a heartattack! Then I noticed my fronts sides were a "little" thin aswell and I thought I must be going bald.

The past 6 years ive been stressed to HELL in my university. Its been nightmare on earth, having a 3 year uni program take 6 years in total. Combine with all these sleepness nights a girlfriend who broke up with me in middle of it all and you could probably say I was depressed even though I didnt know it.
    Uni was finally being completed when on the last exam the f*cking teacher had switched around everything and the exam was something totally different than I bargained for! My head became numb and I probably got my lifes first "shock" that didnt recover til 2 months later. I actually aced the exam anyway and now im graduated.

Anyway, 4 months after the exam this balding of the crown happened and atm im still reeling from 6 years of stress . Ive started exercising, ive started using some anti dandruff shampoo my doctor ordained me (about the hair in particular he wasnt an expert so he just presumed im balding even though my family history goes against it).
    Im also using some davines products and now ill just see what happens. If its TE itll prob grow back since my stress is slowly going away. Ill update here over coming months what happens. Ill massage head too 10min a day since people say that might work.

Btw im 25 years old.

My scalp is also itching btw since previous guy mentioned his was.