+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

No it was a private clinic in Manchester I contacted them direct but for her consultation it was £45 but that is a one time only fee for the condition I have, afterwards it's free to see her, which I think is very reasonable and seeing how she only gave me treatment for my immediate problem and could have said tried to sell me countless other trappings if she felt like it.

70% success rate in it working at stopping hairloss not the regrowth. She was clear on that.
    She said if you do get regrowth it's no more than 15% of what you have lost through MPB

This is why I am optimistic about this Trichologist because she gave me facts and her experience she never made any false promises I have dealt with many people in my life who tell you too much what you want to hear which makes me think they're a bull-sh!tter.

In that case I can say she's correct. I thought she meant 70% regrowth. I'm thinking about seeing a doctor myself but I just don't think they have anything to offer in my case. They'll probably tell me if my shed is stress related it'll grow back. If it isn't, then there's nothing they can do. I'm already taking Fin/Dut and using minox. I'm just totally out of luck.

Hey appleguy, your situation seems a lot similar to mine. However there are no Trichologists in my country. What shampoo and spray did she gave you? Also what is the name of the cream can you tell me. I am not planning on self-medicating myself, but I may visit another dermatologist to see whats different so I could ask her about this treatments .
    Thank you for the info appleguy .
    Also if it is not a problem please keep us informed on your progress .

Yeah, appleguy. We'd really like to know if your hair grows back. That MIGHT, MIGHT give us some hope that we too might get our hair back since we all seem to have similar conditions.

Well the treatement is working, it's brought the hairloss to a halt now I have to wait and see how much of it will grow back.
    One thing that bothers me though is I have been rededing at the temples since 2006 and then it stopped completely then when looking at photos from November last year or maybe sooner to now my temples have receded a bit more by about a centimetre, but more the left side than the right which seems a lot for standard MPB at age 32.

I also noticed that when the hair was coming out with the white plugs on the end it was happening at that left temple too but I can't be sure.

I have to wait to see the therapist again to be sure which means a week this thursday to get some definitive answers but the wait is horrible and I feel a bit useless as well as on edge.

The stuff I was given I'm not sure because they label everything themselves and it looks like the accidentally mislabelled the cream I put on because it has the same label as my shampoo.
    One of the things is a spray for my head which is called:
    Nanex OP Lotion
    This is for scalp irritation.

BTW one thing I think I forgot to mention is that it's mild TE but I also have Seborrheic Dermatitis which is the main thing which is sort fo a form of excema. This can cause diffuse shedding and diffuse hair thinning.

Thanks for the update, appleguy. I have Seborrheic Dermatitis and have had it for the longest time. My older brother had it too and he's now completely bald because he never used any meds like minox or Fin. I have little doubt that this shitty condition can be responsible for hair loss or at least speeding up the process and miniaturizing hair. There's hardly a shampoo I haven't used and nothing has worked. I use Nizoral some times 4-5 times a week. Just bought a new shampoo that's especially made for this condition and I'm hoping it will work.

Yeah, I understand all the anxiety you're feeling. I just went through hell the last couple of months myself. The anxiety from losing so much hair suddenly literally ****ed up my nervous system.

is this "Seborrheic Dermatitis" thing basically dandruff? Because I have some sort of skin condition beneath my scalp and my forehead. After prolonged exposure to water it turns white-ish and can be "scraped" off with my nails. I thought it was just dead/dry skin but it surely cant have anything to do with dryness if it happens due to contact with warm/hot water?

Also every time I examine a strand of hair that's fallen out, there's some sort of white dead skin attached to the follicle.

I've looked at images on google and mine looks nothing like those pictures of people with some sort of inflammed skin, but the description matches. Weird...

I didn't get the patchy scabby areas myself but I don't know wether it's exactly the same or not.

Basically from what I learned from my trichologist if hair is coming out at an accelerated rate it isn't MPB although you can still have that at the same time.

The hair will have a little white bulb at the end which is tiny.

If you have something that is coming off under your nails you could have something like this.

I was getting a form of dandruff too which i noticed especially when I was putting in hair product that now I am taking the treatment I do not get.

Anythign that clogs the base of the follicle will make it go dormant and stop processing new hairs

TBH with all the stress of the meeting it may not be SD I just remember her mentioning it was a form of dermatisis and everything I lost through this condition will grow back.

I highly reccomend seeing a Trichologist and one who is registered and qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Yeah, appleguy. We'd really like to know if your hair grows back. That MIGHT, MIGHT give us some hope that we too might get our hair back since we all seem to have similar conditions.
    Regarding your hairline - have you considered ACELL+PRP? You know it might help stop further loss and thicken existing hairs.

I'd need to do some research on it so far. If it works, fantastic, I'll jump at it but so far only the Private Clinic (Raghu Reddy) is doing it and I would need to see more proof of it working before throwing money at it.
    Unless of course you know something I don't!