+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pig bladder chemical a cure for baldness?

it's Acell. you can find a lot of information and interviews regarding that here on the bald truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggomatic View Post
    Great info! Good to see them finally starting real ACELL studies in the UK!

"eventually be available...". When ? Is it going to be the usual "the next 5-10 years" ??

this is a little different than what histogen and aderans is doing. we'll know for sure if it works or not by end of this year.

Havoc, how do you know that ? Is there a link or something we can read ?

I'm going to start counting days.

search for interview with dr. cooley on acell. he claims that plucked hair applied with acell grows into full terminal hair. he also claims that the site which the plucked hair came from regrows the lost hair follicle just like you'd expect. now he's just trying to wait and see if the plucked hair applied with acell will cycle normally and aren't sensitive to DHT. he says he'll give another presentation by end of this year with much more data. i think dr. cooley has been working on this for about two and half years and there are few other prominent doctors in the US that are experimenting with acell so we should have answers fairly soon.

also read the article made by dr. cole who thinks the site at which the hair was plucked wont grow another hair follicle b/c so much has been taken out and claims dr. cooley's plucked hair isn't your typical plucked hair yada yada yada. it's a good read and highly informative.

dr. cooley interview
    http://www.thebaldtruth.com/news/spe...ll-matristrem/

dr. cole article
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3998

just to clarify, dr. cooley has already shown that the acell dipped plucked hair grows when planted at another site on the scalp. he has also shown that the site where the hair was plucked also grows hair. so now we have two hairs that are growing with the magic of acell. all we're waiting for is to find out whether or not the acell dipped plucked hair will continue to grow/cycle/regrow etc. good news is that the wait is almost over and we'll know for sure if this will work or not.

Thanks for the reply and the info, Havoc. I appreciate that. If the hairs really grow in the recipient site, and the donor site replaces the plucked hairs, then I think it would be worth it even if those hairs were sensitive to DHT. I mean usually hairs die from the effect of DHT gradually. It may take years for them to completely disappear. I know some people lose their hair much faster. But for some one with slow hair loss it would still be worth it to go for this -if it really works. At least it BUYS him time. Maybe a few years, until the "promised" treatment is out. I know it's money down the drain on the long run but it's still better than being bald. I know I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Default You guys seem to be confused

Just thought I should give my opinion on this as your guys seem more excited about this than maybe you should be.

Firstly this isn't any kinda of proper trial, the Private Clinic in London are offering this as a treatment to anyone that wants to pay £1000 pounds for it, they'll be normal paying customers so they're not going to be going back to be checked and monitored all the time unless they choose to. They're just offering treatments in the same way that Hitzig has for the last 2 years.

Secondly all the Private Clinic are doing at the moment are PRP and Acell injections, not anything with Acell and plucked hairs, that's a completely different topic.

I was gonna go for this treatment because of them describing it as like a vacine for hair loss but then I looked around on-line and apart from the doctors own claims about how good it is there really isn't any other proof. If Hitzig is really that sure about this treatment I would expect him to start a proper trial to get proper evidence to show us like what Bernstein Medical are doing with Acell.

The other thing that put my off more than anything was a guy on another forum who claims PRP could actually make your hair loss worse in the long run. At first I thought "what's he going on about" but then I checked into his claims. He said that PRP is full of hormones including Testosterone and DHT which makes sense cause it's your own blood and hormones travel around in your bloodstream. Not only that but if you look up the growth factors in PRP then one is something called TGF-B1 which is know to be involved in the death of hair follicles. I know it would be weird if PRP were bad coz so far there have been no reports of someone losing all their hair after if but I don't understand how you can take these bad things out of it. I've put out a request on this forum for one of the doctors to explain it but no ones bothered to answer even though the treads had hundreds of views. I presume no one on here can explain it to me.