+ Reply to Thread

Default How I controlled my hair loss

Hey there guys Ive just joined this forum. I'm here to tell you about my life with hair loss and how I overcame this situation.
    I sincerely hope no one feels like this is a spam post, as I will be detailing how I overcame and stopped my hair loss and how now I'm helping others to alleviate this problem.
    I am now 32 and I started suffering from hair loss at 15. Hair loss is in my family as my mother's family are mostly bald. All my mother's brothers are bald and so are all my male cousins too. It was a complete shock as expected, because I had a lot of dark fine hair which looked very thick. Plus I was only 15!! I never thought it could happen at that age. I visited my doctor who just brushed me off and said it was normal to lose hair. But I was losing as much as a hundred hairs a day. I tried all kinds of treatments. First of all I began with the herbal remedies such as Saw palmetto and to lead a better lifestyle diet by cutting down on junk food. I also took the one-a-day multivitamins and exercised regularly. Unfortunately none of these things worked. As you can imagine it ruined my self esteem and destroyed my confidence. Reluctantly I decided to just carry on with life trying my best to ignore it.

When I went to University to study Chemistry at Manchester, by then I researched everything about hair loss from DHT to 5 alpha reductase and learned of new medications such as Propecia. At the time it wasn't possible to attain this drug in the UK so I started browsing on the net looking to purchase. I managed to buy Propecia and started to take it. At this time I was 19 years old and I still had a good head of hair. No one could suspect I was losing it however I was losing large amounts all over my scalp on a daily basis. When I took the drug I noticed a lot of shedding and this carried on for months. This really freaked me out and I feared it wouldn't stop. I decided to pack it in.

After I graduated in 2002 I learned of other drugs such as Avodart - Dutasteride and the research taught me about how it inhibited both the receptors more effectively than Propecia. Again, I purchased it online. I was very desperate to try anything however shedding always freaked me out and i would give up the drug after about 8 months of use. Around this time I was giving up hope and got to the point of just accepting that I was destined to be bald.

One thing that i did get from hair loss as most people here have , is that it gave me an insatiable desire to learn about health, diet and the hormonal changes that occur in the body. I started to learn about alternative therapies and more ways that could stop hair loss.

As I am Pakistani, Indian Head massage is very popular and the massaging of the scalp with different oils is prevalent in my community. Every 4 months, I would shave my hair off and perform this massage and try all kinds of oils and home made , housewives lotions. Yes, it did improve the condition of my scalp but in terms of hair loss - nothing changed.

About 4 years ago I came across a process called Wet Cupping.

This is a Chinese Holistic therapy where it detoxifies the blood in the body and removes toxins and stagnation and congestion trapped in the body and brings the system to a state of normalization. This is done by making small incisions on the skin and removing the "bad blood" which is a thick jelly like substance that is full of toxins.
    I had this treatment done because I heard it was good for allergy problems which I was suffering from such as hay fever in the Summer.
    I was astounded by the results of my first session as it removed all my allergies. No more waking up in the morning sneezing all the time and getting out of the shower with a running nose.
    As I have a chemistry background it made me want to learn more about the therapy and eventually I decided to do a course in Wet Cupping and became a qualified therapist.
    A year into this, I was treating alot of patients for ailments such as back pain, joint pain, eczema, acne.
    It occurred to me one day that if one was treated directly on the scalp with Cupping then it would surely help with hair loss. My wife who is also a trained Cupping therapist decided to perform it on my scalp. I had to shave my hair off with a blade and then two points were chosen to do the cupping. One on the crown and the other on the back of the head.
    Now I am only telling you of my experience and I am not in any way claiming this is a universal treatment in stopping hair loss but for me, it stopped my hair loss.
    Personally I have tried everything out there from pills to oils to lotions and only Cupping therapy halted my hair loss.
    I am not here to sell or spam a product or service. I am only sharing my experience and I feel that if it worked for me then maybe it could work for others out there.
    Now I keep my hair short, grade 1 actually because I like having it that way nowadays. I am lucky to still have a good hairline. I do wish if only I had heard of the treatment earlier I could have maintained more of my hair. But at least I have managed to hold on to what I have now.

If anyone wants to know more about my experience then feel free to reply back

Default Interesting

I got a question would the cupping work if you head wasn't shaved. I mean I guess I need you to explain the cupping procedure?

Sounds intersting though as the purpose of cupping is to draw out toxins, pain management, increasing blood flow, and promoting a healthier flow of chi energies. or that's what googles say anyways

Default Method of Cupping

Before the cupping therapy occurs, a deep tissue massage takes place on the scalp. This is to ensure we remove any kind of congestion, stagnation of blood and energy ( in Chinese this is called Chi) in the scalp. This invorgorates the cells and really infuses the blood capillaries. This is done for preparation of the Cupping therapy.
    The basic concept behind cupping is suction.
    First of all a plastic cup is placed on the scalp and using a hand held plastic pump suction is applied so that a vacuum is created. This is left on the scalp for a few minutes. This is called Dry Cupping. Then the cup is removed by pinching the valve attached to the end of the cup. The pressure is released and the cup is removed.
    After applying antiseptic spray to the area, small, light incisions are made on the point using a sterilised blade. Note: the incisions are very light and are not painful and do not lead to any permanent scarring.
    Once this has been done then the cup is placed back on the same area and using the plastic pump again suction is applied creating a vacuum and the cup collects all the bad blood, chemicals and toxins including DHT into the cup. The blood in the cup will be congealed and often very dark in color. It is a dark, "jelly" like substance and is abnormal and not part of actual blood in the bloodstream. Also we are removing any kind of stagnantion of excess heat and pressure which shows when the cup becomes cloudy.
    The cup is removed from the scalp and the bad blood is disposed of. The cup is placed back on the scalp on the same point and cupping is repeated.
    Two points are done on the scalp. One on the crown of the head and the other on the back of the head. This is sufficient as the deep tissue massage performed as a precursor improves the circulation in the scalp so that the toxins collected from these points are from all over the scalp.

Default Cupping

Yes the head needs to get shaved in order for the deep tissue massage.

sorry but I do not believe a single thing you've said.

cupping is chinese acupuncture which is not a known medical efficical treatment for anything including pain relief, nevermind for hairloss.

I know its not designed for hair loss but it worked for me. Its fair enough if you dont agree with me thats fine. Im just here to share my experience. You have a right to your opinion.

But if you're saying you dont believe me then you're calling me a liar and I believe to be part of a forum, one must have respect for fellow members unless i have offended you directly in a malicious way.

Inactive

Last time i checked cupping cured Death itself true story but i have no pics

Quote Originally Posted by MANEtain View Post
    I know its not designed for hair loss but it worked for me. Its fair enough if you dont agree with me thats fine. Im just here to share my experience. You have a right to your opinion.

But if you're saying you dont believe me then you're calling me a liar and I believe to be part of a forum, one must have respect for fellow members unless i have offended you directly in a malicious way.
    Question: How would "cleaning the blood" (lol) resolve an issue to do with genetics and hormones?

Thanks for sharing your story.

I have tried different remedies but nothing works until I find this article on how to stop hair fall in hindi( https://www.popxo.com/2015/06/easy-t...ir-fall-hindi/ ) because there are certain more things that one should take care in day to day life to avoid hair fall . This article on how to stop hair fall in hindi, really talks about all those things, you must read this once, it is really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisa Hudson View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story.

I have tried different remedies but nothing works until I find this article on how to stop hair fall in hindi( https://www.popxo.com/2015/06/easy-t...ir-fall-hindi/ ) because there are certain more things that one should take care in day to day life to avoid hair fall . This article on how to stop hair fall in hindi, really talks about all those things, you must read this once, it is really helpful.
    Hahaha hahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂