+ Reply to Thread

Default How cheaper and safer are HT clinics in Cuba or any Caribbeans? Anybody went there?

Hi, I am glad I found this forum, I am 34 and I am shopping for new hair, the problem is, I don’t have huge budget to spend on this endeavour. What I am wondering is, if anyone can tell me of a cheap and save clinic in somewhere in the Caribbean.
    I am coming from UK and to Canada in July for holiday, I was thinking of popping into one of these countries to get my self-brand new hair.
    I got a rough price from Pakistan which was $2000 dollars for 3000 grafts (whatever that means)

Look at my photo is that what it will cost me? and what type do you think this is?Click image for larger version

Name:	043.jpg

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	9671

Another option is Pakistan but I would prefer much somewhere like Cuba if the price is close.

Thanks guys

Clarification:****What i meant is.."look at my photo, Can 3000 grafts cover my kind of boldness?..

Ps. Can't find a way to edit the above thread.

Thanks

Be careful, price shopping for an HT is not your best option. I have had a bad experience with cheap HT doctors and it was a complete mess. My suggestion is save some more and go with a well reputable doctor in the states or belgium. There you have the best of the best.

DO NOT opt for a surgeon that will be save you $. Do your research, save your $ and go for a reputable doctor that delivers consistent excellent results. Getting a HT is not something you want to bargain with, believe me, do your research and read some of the horror stories of those who have taken that route. After all, its your head your talking about!

I wouldn't advise against "shopping" for a doctor but I do think you should be careful when choosing one that charges way less than most. Some doctors charge twice or three times what others do and for NO good reason other than they can. But just because they're more expensive does NOT mean they're the best. My first HT cost 2 1/2 times what my last one did, even though the doctor who did my last is a very reputable doctor here in canada. Naturally, a doctor in Pakistan, India or or Mexico for example won't have the same rates doctor in the US or Canada do. You need to do your homework before you decide on one. Check ISHRS web site. But you still need to know just because a doctor is on the ISHRS list doesn't mean you can just close your eyes and trust them.

I am from the Caribbean but I was not raised there, I was raised in the states my whole life. To be honest, I rather pay "a lot" of money on the best HT/FUE I can get with a reputable doctor rather than get a cheap HT and possibly have it botched or something. Like what if they are cheap because they are inexperienced? Or cheap because they are not the best at what they do? Not saying that being the best warrants being expensive. Just saying, I can't afford a good HT/FUE so i'm not even getting one at all. If I could afford the best FUE I would get it right away. I read too many people being unhappy with HT's with even best know HT doctors, so imagine some unknown.

Default Thanks guys

I would like to thank you all for your input. You make sense; I should probably raise more money and get a good HT. As I said, I did a bit looking into HT in Pakistan and some of the clinics there have got some Rich patients, cricket stars, Bollywood actors and X president of that county MUSHARAF I understand lots of what they claim could be just sales gimmick, But I think it needs farther looking to see if it is an option, A lot of doctors in the west are expensive not because they are good but because they live in an expensive country or got offices in an expensive place went to some fancy school…You will find hair dressers that charge thousands and don’t obviously deserve it! ..But, it’s my head as one of replies pointed out, I can’t gamble with it!