+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Leaving for First HT in the Morning

Hey guys,

Well, the moment is upon me. I'm leaving in the morning for Charlotte, NC for my first HT with Dr. Cooley. The procedure is early Monday morning, and I'm planning on having around 1500 grafts (via FUT), although I'm going to discuss with Dr. Cooley maybe upping that a bit, as after our consultation I was thinking of maybe lowering the hairline slightly (during the consultation we had agreed on not lowering the hairline, but filling in the temples and bringing them down to where the current hairline is, and reinforcing the current hairline). Here are some pre-op pics. I'll keep this updated as things progress.

BH

Thumbs up

Good luck with everything! Dr. Cooley has a great reputation, so you’re in good hands. Please keep us posted.

Default Good Luck

Good Luck Let us know how it goes!! I am thinking of having my first one done and I'm in the same boat as you

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go for you.

you look like a great candidate for HT.

Jut got back to the hotel after 12+ hours....I'm beat! I can't say enough about how well I was taken care of by Dr. Cooley and his staff, they made me feel as comfortable as possible. Dr. Cooley and I did decide on upping the total grafts (I believe the final number was around 2,100), we brought the hairline down maybe .5 cm...I'm very pleased (even though it's only been a few hours! I'll try to post some pics later tonight.

Default Post-Op Pics

Post-op pics..

Quote Originally Posted by bostonhooligan View Post
    Post-op pics..
    bostonhooligan,

Could you be Irish? Very nice work. The hairline placement and design is very nice so thanks for the pics, and PLEASE report back when things grow out won't you? You will look much younger, you'll see, yet the hairline is appropriate for your age, not too low.

Congrats and I think it was nice that Dr. Cooley did not try and sell you on doing a mega-session that you clearly did not need. The graft count is spot on IMHO, and he obviously saved you some extra hard working bucks.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    bostonhooligan,

Could you be Irish? Very nice work. The hairline placement and design is very nice so thanks for the pics, and PLEASE report back when things grow out won't you? You will look much younger, you'll see, yet the hairline is appropriate for your age, not too low.

Congrats and I think it was nice that Dr. Cooley did not try and sell you on doing a mega-session that you clearly did not need. The graft count is spot on IMHO, and he obviously saved you some extra hard working bucks.
    Hi Gillenator,

Thanks for the kind words...I'm American, but of Irish decent. I'm pretty psyched, I think I'll actually look my age now (I'm 27, but most people think I'm in my early thirties). I will definitely keep y'all posted

Default More pics

Here are a couple more professionally shot pics (one pre, one post)