+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

So why doesn't this happen to everyone who uses finasteride?

I honestly can't believe the amount of threads and post about this presently... I took finasteride because I saw a lot of the stuff on spread out post across forums but now the shit is really piling in. If things were like this I never would have gotten on the drug, probably would have been very bald by now. Not sure which is better though?

Every person is going to have separate problems. You can't always blame them and say it wasn't propecia. But it might be the case here. I personally don't know anyone that has any permanent effects from this and I do know if it exists, it is extremely rare. But if it does happen... then it really isn't worth it. A ton of somewhat hairy heads for the destruction of a fews sanity? Not worth it. Hair is not that important... as life goes on we will realize hair... is NOT that ****ing important.

We all care too much about what others think about us instead of just changing our view on the word.

This is all very ****ed up. I don't know what I'd do if I were to get these side effects. I haven't had any so far.

I really wish they would get out there and do a REAL study, with a super gigantic sample size of men so they can do this RIGHT. There will be a lot of people willing to participate I'd guess.

I really don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I honestly can't believe the amount of threads and post about this presently... I took finasteride because I saw a lot of the stuff on spread out post across forums but now the shit is really piling in. If things were like this I never would have gotten on the drug, probably would have been very bald by now. Not sure which is better though?

Every person is going to have separate problems. You can't always blame them and say it wasn't propecia. But it might be the case here. I personally don't know anyone that has any permanent effects from this and I do know if it exists, it is extremely rare. But if it does happen... then it really isn't worth it. A ton of somewhat hairy heads for the destruction of a fews sanity? Not worth it. Hair is not that important... as life goes on we will realize hair... is NOT that ****ing important.

We all care too much about what others think about us instead of just changing our view on the word.

This is all very ****ed up. I don't know what I'd do if I were to get these side effects. I haven't had any so far.

I really wish they would get out there and do a REAL study, with a super gigantic sample size of men so they can do this RIGHT. There will be a lot of people willing to participate I'd guess.

I really don't know what to say.
    Keepthehair, you know that logically there is no reason to believe that you will ever have any of these side effects. Just because the kid attributed his multiple problems to these medications means nothing. He was already suffering with a very rare, self induced syndrome and obviously continued his dangerous , self destructive behavior while he was taking dutasteride and Propecia. Don’t compare yourself to this poor kid. This is a tragic case that could have been prevented with the help of a good support system. I wish that the owners of propeciahelp would have contacted the authorities back in 2008. Maybe if this kid’s parents read his posts back then they would have gotten him some help. Very tragic!

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Keepthehair, you know that logically there is no reason to believe that you will ever have any of these side effects. Just because the kid attributed his multiple problems to these medications means nothing. He was already suffering with a very rare, self induced syndrome and obviously continued his dangerous , self destructive behavior while he was taking dutasteride and Propecia. Don’t compare yourself to this poor kid. This is a tragic case that could have been prevented with the help of a good support system. I wish that the owners of propeciahelp would have contacted the authorities back in 2008. Maybe if this kid’s parents read his posts back then they would have gotten him some help. Very tragic!
    This is the usual response. While it does make sense... you have to admit that either we are just turning a blind eye to these effects or people are continually wrongly attributing their side effects to a common drug known to cause sexual side effects. It makes sense that a drug that DOES cause sexual dysfunction can possible cause permanent sexual dysfunction. This DOES make sense.

There is no doubt in my mind about that anymore. The rarity of it though, I don't know. Also, can it be successfully treated? Who knows.

You can only ignore so many of these posts man... There are a ton of them on various forums.

No one is ignoring these posts, but you have to put everything into perspective. This kid suffered from a rare self induced syndrome and took these medications at the same time. He was already mentally screwed up and probably spent a lot of time reading propeciahelp which might have made things even worse for him. If you really believe that this can happen to you, why not just stop taking Propecia? You’re not having side effects now, so you have nothing to worry about when you stop. If I were so afraid of it I would stop taking it. It’s a simple as that. It’s your choice, no one is putting a gun to your head to take it.

These forums have been systematically infiltrated by the same group of guys who are members of sites like propeciahelp. Many of these posters post on all of the forums under different names, this I am sure of.

What self induced syndrome? and do u mean by him or his body?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    What self induced syndrome? and do u mean by him or his body?
    Read my second post on this thread.

Right I read it before also. I apologize for not checking again.

That is something to consider.

However, he does state on the propeciahelp as has been quoted on another forum that he had gyno, shrunken ... and all of those effects, very severely.

I agree this story and many others are very powerful and sobering. But when we look at the whole picture, does that mean they are any more true?

It's still such a huge fact that these problems have never been found in a medical setting. In another thread, a bunch of surgeons were questioned and out of 30,000 patients, not a single one reported any permenant problems. These facts really cant be ignored, and how can we explain these powerful numbers?

These guys are reporting such violent symptoms, I wonder if anyone can explain why people having these problems were never found during all the medical trials over the course of 20 years. There is no way someone like this would be missed during their follow-ups with the test subjects!

thats really what still doesnt make any sense to me, and nobody can give me a good answer. There has to be more trials done, and soon. Ive still not yet seen any conclusive proof any of this is caused by Propecia except for the very powerful stories we keep hearing.

its really clear a lot of guys are suffering terribly.. but without knowing their medical histories or anything like that, how do I personally know propecia caused it? we can only take their word for it right now. the only thing these guys all really have in common that we know of is that they visit propeciahelp!!

Oh man, oh man. This is gut-wrenching. My true condolances to the family.
    Just watching and reading Randys path to suicide, and about his life. I am truly devastated.
    @the_charger
    What do you think is mroe scary? The fact that their problems are unrelated to Propecia so any men can get them, or the fact that it is related to Propecia? They certainly haven't done it to themselves.
    I believe it is Propecia, and I am not taking it. Ever.
    If you want to, it is your choice.
    But whoever asks me about it I am certainly gonna warn them.