+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 210 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    Wow, that means if this works we could see this pretty soon, right? I mean how long does Phase II take, one year? It could be out on 2013!
    I doubt it will be out that quickly. They may decide they need to go through a phase 3 or they may do an extended phase 2. 2014 at the earliest I'd imagine but you could be right.

can any bio people explain to me how the injected chemicals float all over the head under the scalp and find exactly where they need to go? how do they know what to trigger and what not to trigger? how come they dont float to the back of your neck and start growing a mustache

i want to see evidence not pixar movies

If you go to the FAQ´s section on Replicel´s website, they say "not possible before 2013".

That´s an important question, how can they control the activation of hair follicles? Vídeo says that the new cells can trigger dormant follicles to re-start producing hair again and also can create new hair follicles.

I think it would be better to trigger only the dormant folicles, and not create new. Because if it creates new, how can they control it? If it only triggers the dormant, issues like thickness and direction of hair growth, could be already solved, since they are already in the position that nature wanted them to be. And we could not be worried about growing hair on our foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
    If you go to the FAQ´s section on Replicel´s website, they say "not possible before 2013".

That´s an important question, how can they control the activation of hair follicles? Vídeo says that the new cells can trigger dormant follicles to re-start producing hair again and also can create new hair follicles.

I think it would be better to trigger only the dormant folicles, and not create new. Because if it creates new, how can they control it? If it only triggers the dormant, issues like thickness and direction of hair growth, could be already solved, since they are already in the position that nature wanted them to be. And we could not be worried about growing hair on our foreheads.
    That's what I'm hoping happens. If that proves to be the case you would think then in theory at least that restoring your childhood density could be possible. I was looking at a picture of myself aged 16 on the day I got my school exam results (happy days) and my hair was amazing. Boy I'd love to get that head of hair back one day.

Well new hairs are always welcome, I never had that thick hair anyway I don't think the control of new hair will be a problem though. I mean that's the first thing a normal brain thinks about when it hears about new hair. I mean, after all they are real scientists. They surely thought through it before we did . It's probably some complicated DNA stuff only biochemists have a clue about, hehe. Still I would really like to know how this new hair growth works without getting out of control.

Just to sum up, and I think everyone wants Spencer to ask them that question:
    How does Replicel keep control of the amount and area of new hair growth?

Inactive

Nope i would prefer only dormant ones to regenerate because i dont like patchy hair spots like a botched hair transplant.

Also not before 2013, well i doubt it sorry, i wanna hear the interview first then i decide

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been paying attention to this thread in a while but I've seen chatter over Spencer doing an interview with Replicel, which sounds great. Any info on when this is expected to occur?

...nobody's started to hold their breath yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by 57mph View Post
    ...nobody's started to hold their breath yet right?
    Nah I think we all know that the next generation of treatments won't come any earlier than 2013/2014

Quote Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    Nah I think we all know that the next generation of treatments won't come any earlier than 2013/2014
    I think you're probably right...