+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 210 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    I've had a couple conversations with women about it and they're always amazed that it bothers guys. They're like "what's the big deal? Lots of men go bald. It's normal". I just have to shake my head and laugh. I always want to say to them: ok, then how about i take a razor and shave the hair off the top of your head and see how you feel about walking around like that for awhile. Then let them contemplate that as their new permanent look.
    But there's an important distinction there, which is that women view men very differently than men view women. Men are much more focused on physical appearance in the opposite sex than women are, and men therefore place much greater importance on (male) hair loss than women do. It's a common mistake among both men and women to assume that the opposite sex has the same standards for attractiveness as one's own sex.

take this whiny crap to "Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life"...

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    take this whiny crap to "Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life"...
    Go to your room. The grown-ups are trying to have an adult discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by kaandereli View Post
    http://www.aderansresearch.com/presentation/

Near the end of this presentation they show some before/after images and claim 62% growth, but it didn't seem to me that much growth from those pictures
    The irony is that the balder the guy is, the less impressive 60% growth is. Although we should really be using the terminal hair count which is 80%.

Which is great, if you have 30% of your original hair. Then adding 80% gives you a total of 54% of your original hair, which will make a cosmetic difference.

But the guy in that photo looks like he has about 5% of his original terminal hair remaining. Let's be generous and say 10%. Add 80% and you now have 18% of your original terminal hair. Still bald. He'd need a 400% increase in terminal hair to get 50% of original density and be able to claim his baldness is cured.

It would be good if they reported their results in terms of percentage of original density as well as percentage of hair increase, but they won't do that because the numbers are not yet very impressive.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that they are only showing their best results. The average result will be significantly less than that. Histogen had a couple of barn-stormer results of up to 75% increase, from a pretty high density to start with. But the average was only about 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    They're like "what's the big deal? Lots of men go bald. It's normal".
    I'm sorry to break it to you: they don't say the same thing when you're not around.

they're probably being polite while you fish for compliments

they all care. Its just some will f*** you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    I was thinking, if Replicel's results are less than they hoped for or expected, is there really anything they could do to improve things? Since they're replicating and injecting dermal sheath cup cells, what else could they do to potentially increase the efficacy beyond upping the dosage?
    I asked the same question like a month ago but nobody seemed to care. I've been thinking about the same thing. What can they do?

Default follicle on follicle

Twitter; Replicel remains on track to release the initial TS001-2009 clinical trial results in late April.

...i'm trying not to count the days, hours and minutes ...honest!

and trying not to be overly and stupidily optimistic ...honest!!

We all know hair, losing hair, baldness, diffuse thinning, norwooding, follicles, all things hair etc etc etc is a mine field of info, but can i ask, (if i'm right) if Replicel are rejuvanating exsisting follicles then where are hair grafts placed in HT's going, are they destroying the exsisting hair follicles that already exsist (but are dormant) and that Replicel or any other new cure may need?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    But there's an important distinction there, which is that women view men very differently than men view women. Men are much more focused on physical appearance in the opposite sex than women are, and men therefore place much greater importance on (male) hair loss than women do. It's a common mistake among both men and women to assume that the opposite sex has the same standards for attractiveness as one's own sex.
    Do you really believe yourself saying that? Maybe there's a small number of women who don't care about men's hair or the lack of it. The rest do care. Try getting a hot young girl to go out with you if you're balding, unless you're very handsome.... If you tell me older women don't care that much then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by 57mph View Post
    Twitter; Replicel remains on track to release the initial TS001-2009 clinical trial results in late April.

...i'm trying not to count the days, hours and minutes ...honest!

and trying not to be overly and stupidily optimistic ...honest!!

We all know hair, losing hair, baldness, diffuse thinning, norwooding, follicles, all things hair etc etc etc is a mine field of info, but can i ask, (if i'm right) if Replicel are rejuvanating exsisting follicles then where are hair grafts placed in HT's going, are they destroying the exsisting hair follicles that already exsist (but are dormant) and that Replicel or any other new cure may need?
    This is something I also wonder about. I guess that it will, somehow, damage it a bit, but how much is hard to say. I have thought about taking a small treatment at the Hasci clinic (Gho), and then wait for some kind of cure. I dont want to walk around for 3-4 more years when I can do something about it now. I`m now turning 29, so I do want to have kinda good hair until my mid 30s. Though, how much does a hair transplant hurt the dormant follicles. The people at the Hasci clinic, or at least the women I talked to (Marleen), told me that it shouldnt be a problem taking a transplant now and then use the Replicel treatment, if it becomes availible and a success. Why should it ruin the follicles that are dormant? I know it`s not the best way to draw a picture, but if you have a plant and during the winter it goes dormant (until the summer), so you plant another plant just next to it, I guess both if them will grow back if they recieve the same nutrient? Maybe it`s like this with hair as well. One can always draw parallells between everything, so why not?

Maybe I`m just trying to convince myself that it will be ok to go through with a transplant as well as the Replicel/Aderans/Histogen (whoever comes first and are a good solution). Has anyone talked to any of the companies/ht doctors?

i like the plant story Tacola, i was about to reply using a plant as an example and you beat me to it, so on the same note; what if you have the plant bulb waiting in the ground during Winter ready for Summer, but you go ahead and plant another on top (or very close to) disregarding the bulb, damage can be made to the bulb easily right?, perhaps making the bulb die in the process, no amount of flower improver (Replicel) can bring that bulb back to life!

I'm sure there's more science involved but for us guys needing a Dummies guide, we need simple examples.