+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 210 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    I think everyone needs to calm down. Replicel was most likely obligated to cover themselves from legal action because a bunch of these companies that were promoting them made unrealistic stock predictions.
    hmm, I guess replicel paid them $300k for making realistic predictions, right?

"This Public Company is DAYS Away From The $Billion Cure for Baldness"

http://thestockmarketwatch.com/newsl...#ixzz1tLTELgwo

very realistic predictions for just safety trails.

We know nothing. Wait for trial results.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    hmm, I guess replicel paid them $300k for making realistic predictions, right?

"This Public Company is DAYS Away From The $Billion Cure for Baldness"

http://thestockmarketwatch.com/newsl...#ixzz1tLTELgwo

very realistic predictions for just safety trails.

That was posted on 26Apr. Within two days replicel posted a legal disclaimer disassociating themselves from the statement that was made. Clearly, replicel is not on board with what Tobin Smith wrote, regardless of whether they paid him or not. As i said, this appears to be a separate issue from their clinical trials.

Does everyone realize how little stock volume has been traded on this stock? Everyone is trying to hype this up as some type of stock scam and that replicel allowed news releases like this to bilk investors out of their hard earned money. Do you realize how little money is in this company? It's nothing. Peanuts. If true, It would be the most ridiculous, pointless and unambitious stock scam ever. Use your head

That was posted on 26Apr. Within two days replicel posted a legal disclaimer disassociating themselves from the statement that was made. Clearly, replicel is not on board with what Tobin Smith wrote, regardless of whether they paid him or not. As i said, this appears to be a separate issue from their clinical trials.

Does everyone realize how little stock volume has been traded on this stock? Everyone is trying to hype this up as some type of stock scam and that replicel allowed news releases like this to bilk investors out of their hard earned money. Do you realize how little money is in this company? It's nothing. Peanuts. If true, It would be the most ridiculous, pointless and unambitious stock scam ever. Use your head
    Exactly right. Also, most of the major shareholders/founders have their shares all locked up in a trust and were unable to take advantage of the share runup in any substantial form if that was their intention. They will only make money if Replicel succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    Exactly right. Also, most of the major shareholders/founders have their shares all locked up in a trust and were unable to take advantage of the share runup in any substantial form if that was their intention. They will only make money if Replicel succeeds.
    no. that doesn't exclude "any individuals" from " legit" buying most of these shares and to "legit" sell them again in the right moment...if you understand what i mean. nobody can do anything against such a scenario. it's not even pursuable.

I can't wait till hear joe castigate everyone of the negative posters jumping to conclusion on the replicel results.

I think everyone needs to calm down. Replicel was most likely obligated to cover themselves from legal action because a bunch of these companies that were promoting them made unrealistic stock predictions. I don't think this says anything about whether they've failed or succeeded in the clinic. Even if they have great results, what happens if the stock price doesn't meet the predictions that the promoters made? Investors might be pissed and go after them. So, they needed to play it safe and make the release. If they failed, what would be the point of this release? The company would screwed anyway...

Maybe this is wrong, but, i'm waiting till monday before getting all worked up.
    All true Alchemist. Corporate legality when making statements about stock prices is very important lol retractions like this can be anything from an error about timescale to a sentence the legal team or the company simply doesnt like. That isnt to say the treatment has failed, but making statements to potential shareholders as in: "this company claims to have the cure for male pattern baldness" may raise some legal issues with the company itself if backs are not covered lol.

Anyway, as always, time shall tell.

I never read the retraction fully until just now.

My guess is that RepliCel gave the same theory on potential valuation to the pumpers that I did earlier in another thread.

Finally, some common sense on this thread. I came -this- close to quitting this forum altogether in disgust, but these last few posts have been great. I think I will just make rather more judicious use of the ignore list, which currently consists of Scorpion, but is about to get a whole lot heavier.

That comment by Tobin explains the retraction. Even if nothing else had happened, that statement would draw the ire of the regulatory authorities, to say nothing of Replicel themselves.

To say a Phase I trial primarily aimed at safety is "days aware from a billion dollar cure for baldness" is patently false.

In addition the major holders of Replicel stock are either directions or senior managers of the company. They can't just slip stock trades under the radar, they have to make public disclosure. If they were caught ramping up the stock price, then selling before releasing bad results, they would go to jail. No exceptions.

I did have a thought last night - didn't Replicel inject into the bald temple regions? So unlike Aderans and Histogen which both injected into thinning regions, Replicel immediately put themselves behind the 8-ball in terms of efficacy measurements. It could well be that regrowth at 6 months from a single injection there is negligible anyway.

It all comes down to the fact that we are all guessing until we get the results. Even after we get the results, we'll be guessing to some extent in trying to interpret them (unless of course the results are "didn't work - shutting down the company").

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    you're right in that if the society took hair loss serious enough then the govt would step in and supply the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution.
    There are plenty of more serious issues than hair loss for which the government is not "stepping in and supplying the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution."