+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    How would replicel work around the hairline? If you inject 10 times for example, along the hairline it will just be really patchy. I thought of you injected something into your scalp then in would spread out in a circle under the skin and the hairs would grow in a circle pattern. Not a problem on the top of your head because they will all overlap. But trying to create a straight hairline?
    All rights people correct me if I'm wrong!
    Replicel will regrow the LOST hair from MPB. If you get injected in the hairline region, the hair that was once on your hairline will regrow.
    That is because when you go bald, the hair that you shed doesn't disappear, it only shrinks so much that you can't see it, in most cases, the hair follicules become dormant underneath the scalp.
    Now Replicel is believed to reactivate those dormant follicules. This means, it restores your hair where it used to be. The number of injections and location is yet to be determined through the clinical trials.
    Example: if you were born bald, Replicel can't help you.

People, I am new to the forum but I've been following for a whole now... Please tell me if the above is correct!

^ not true. Those injected cells can also create BRAND NEW FOLLICLES that may appear anywhere within that "injection circle"..

The stock activity happening as soon as it did means SOMETHING went right. Again I'm only 20 so I don't know that much about finance but from what I gather something positive is coming. Big or small progress is still progress. I'll take any positive news I can get at this point and I'm looking forward to April.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ^ not true. Those injected cells can also create BRAND NEW FOLLICLES that may appear anywhere within that "injection circle"..
    @2020

@kiwi

@ others on replicel's d**k

still waiting for results.......

I still think the best method would be FUE for the first cm or 2 then Replicel behind. It remains to be seen of course. I'm thinking kind of along the lines of the FUE Sean had done with Dr. Rahal. Replicel could probably keep the rest of the hair for him.

do we know if the results will be the beginner of april or end?

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    do we know if the results will be the beginner of april or end?
    They said late April so probably at the end of the month.

Thumbs up

Great Hairline HT doctors will still be needed when Replicel starts the treatment. Especially king of hairlines Dr. Rahal because it would be so hard to design a hairline with the injections they have. If Replicel works then definitely HT surgeons will lose some of the business but for sure they will be needed for hairlines, atleast the first inch. FUE will then replace Strip for good.

Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    They said late April so probably at the end of the month.

I bet they push it back

Two things happen:
    1. The hair strength and thickness become weak and are unable to push through the skin
    2. The follicile continues to get strangled to the point that the cycle is so short, it might as well not even exist. I don't think they ever go dormant, but perhaps they do. Something tells me the truly dormant cells cannot "restart" without a growth stimulant.

RepliCel's transplantation of DHT 'resistant' Dermal Sheath Cups will harden the 'non-resistant' DSC's and hopefully in doing so it will allow nutrient absorption and given enough time, those hair folliciles will return to their normal growth cycles. I wouldn't be surprised if a successful turn around on advanced cases is at least a year. Those early in the stages might see it within a few months depending on cycle.

RepliCel believes new folliciles might form, but its hard to say if that would absolutely happen. But if it does, thats why I believe a hairline HT might still be necessary to regain a non-haphazard hair line.

Its also why I proposed that if new hair DOES grow, injections near the hair line will be smaller in size to prevent odd patterns.