+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Hybrid View

What's really sickening is that all over the world, stem cells are being used all over the world to treat and cure various diseases RIGHT NOW, yet for hair loss, it seems like we're stuck with these companies being bogged down in extensive clinical trials and by the time that these companies are done with these clinical trials, we're all gonna be old men and will have lost precious years of our lives due to this hair loss disease. And these other stem cell treatments (to do such things as repair heart tissue and heal skin from burns) are performed by doctors in hospitals right now, not developed and attempted to be sold at a cost by commercial companies. Most doctors it seems won't perform these specialized stem cell treatments for hair loss probably because they see it as simply a "cosmetic issue", which is such a pile of horseshit. Hair loss is a disease that drastically and negatively affects nearly every aspect of the sufferer's life, and it really should be treated as such. What I wish would happen (and I'd bet it might) is that a doctor outside of the Western world will use some type of stem cell treatment that is very non-invasive, simpler than how complex we're lead to believe the process of hair loss actually is, and will grow a helluva lot more hair than the pathetic current treatments like the so-called Big 3. I've actually e-mailed several doctors outside the Western world about this; doctors that I've seen treat and somewhat cure diseases a hell of a lot more complicated than hair loss. I don't know, I just refuse to accept living with this hair loss and I will do everything I can to fight it. And I'm not just gonna sit back and wait years upon years while these companies plod through clinical trials only to have a viable treatment or cure for hair loss in 10 years. Sorry about ranting guys, but this hair loss disease is really something that we should have much better options for TODAY, and not 5-10 years from now. VictimOfDHT, I know you've echoed some of these sentiments in the past, and watch bro, I'm gonna have the same people on here on my tail arguing with me to death over this in literally a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    What's really sickening is that all over the world, stem cells are being used all over the world to treat and cure various diseases RIGHT NOW, yet for hair loss, it seems like we're stuck with these companies being bogged down in extensive clinical trials and by the time that these companies are done with these clinical trials...... Most doctors it seems won't perform these specialized stem cell treatments for hair loss probably because they see it as simply a "cosmetic issue", which is such a pile of horseshit.!
    I don't think hair loss sufferers are giving the same or even close attention as other sicknesses because they think it's just a cosmetic issue and it mainly affects men.....but I bet that if it was women suffering more at the same rate or worse than men, hairloss would be a much bigger issue..they would be marches, wristbands, etc. much more PR. Solving hair loss can't be that difficult compared to all the medical accomplishments of this millennia. But with major companies holding the cards and the patents and the current treatments that make billions yearly, I don't see a cure coming within the u.s. IF and when a cure does come, it would be from Japan or some Asian country where there's a high cost of failure. There is wayyyyyy to much corporate and political influence in the drug market of the U.S to not release a cure all when treat alls are more beneficial to they portfolio . #justmyopinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersixx View Post
    I don't think hair loss sufferers are giving the same or even close attention as other sicknesses because they think it's just a cosmetic issue and it mainly affects men.....but I bet that if it was women suffering more at the same rate or worse than men, hairloss would be a much bigger issue..they would be marches, wristbands, etc. much more PR. Solving hair loss can't be that difficult compared to all the medical accomplishments of this millennia. But with major companies holding the cards and the patents and the current treatments that make billions yearly, I don't see a cure coming within the u.s. IF and when a cure does come, it would be from Japan or some Asian country where there's a high cost of failure. There is wayyyyyy to much corporate and political influence in the drug market of the U.S to not release a cure all when treat alls are more beneficial to they portfolio . #justmyopinion.
    the best and the brightest and the most gifted medical minds are not working on hair loss so the progress has been very very slow. you're right in that if the society took hair loss serious enough then the govt would step in and supply the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution. there's great deal of money to be made if a cure is found for sure. but if you have a brilliant mind in medical research, then there are countless better and more exciting self-serving opportunities out there and with ample amount of funding to boot.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    you're right in that if the society took hair loss serious enough then the govt would step in and supply the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution.
    There are plenty of more serious issues than hair loss for which the government is not "stepping in and supplying the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution."

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    There are plenty of more serious issues than hair loss for which the government is not "stepping in and supplying the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution."
    i'm not sure what you're trying to say over what i've already alluded to. yes, there are more pressing matters. hence why the lack of funding.

Inactive

Exclamation

i'm not sure what you're trying to say over what i've already alluded to.
    That the lack of government funding for hair loss solutions isn't due to "society not taking hair loss seriously enough." Solutions to plenty of other things that society does take very seriously still don't get funded by the government.

i'm slow and stupid, still don't get what you're trying to say. if half the US population suffering from hair loss went ape shit over hair loss and experienced severe depression then i'd assume govt would intervene.

so there are other conditions with identical variable not being the cause, so it must be true of all conditions with said variable.

you know what, you're probably right. i'm just confused as always.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    That the lack of government funding for hair loss solutions isn't due to "society not taking hair loss seriously enough." Solutions to plenty of other things that society does take very seriously still don't get funded by the government.
    Thats because major portion of funding goes to weapons research.
    The future is building drones capable of shooting down as many human targets as possible.

the best and the brightest and the most gifted medical minds are not working on hair loss so the progress has been very very slow. you're right in that if the society took hair loss serious enough then the govt would step in and supply the necessary funds to draw top talent from all over the country to come up with a solution. there's great deal of money to be made if a cure is found for sure. but if you have a brilliant mind in medical research, then there are countless better and more exciting self-serving opportunities out there and with ample amount of funding to boot.
    honestly, i have no idea what's wrong what my statement up there. but you win. have a nice day.

There are a couple things that I haven't heard discussed here.

First, this was a safety "overdosing" trial. Is it possible that the injection of millions of cells-in excess of Replicel thinks is necessary or would actually be used in treatement, actually had a negative effect upon the result. Sometimes, with certain treatments, as the dosage increases, there is a point where if go further with additional dosage, that the beneficial result actually reverses and could potentially go to the negative. Sometimes, more is not better.

Second, because this is a safety trial first, the worst outcome would be if someone ended up getting sick or ill as a result of the treatement. So, there is a possibility that since the initial announcement that no patient was showing any ill effect that someone did show some negative effect. In fact, they could have positive hair growth in most patients but someone showed some illness as a result, providing a good/bad outcome.