+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replicel

Hybrid View

Default New Update from Replicel

Another update, quite positive in my eyes!

http://www.replicel.com/further-anal...linical-trial/

Brett

I'd be curious how quickly a *brand new* follicile takes to make a hair. Its first growth cycle probably doesn't succeed its second is probably not complete either.

Think healthy-ly fed babies. Some grow hair like mad in the womb, some have wisps for many months if not longer. But what about the same thing in an adult?

Given proper nutrition, and not boosters, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I'd be curious how quickly a *brand new* follicile takes to make a hair. Its first growth cycle probably doesn't succeed its second is probably not complete either.

Think healthy-ly fed babies. Some grow hair like mad in the womb, some have wisps for many months. But what about the same thing in an adult?

Given proper nutrition, and not boosters, that is.
    Yeah, I love how some people were so willing to say "see, I told you Replicel would fail" at six months. Most treatments take much longer, and this is a fairly distinct (from current treatments) method.

Jeez, people, Replicel may or may not be a flop, but at least give it as long as you'd give fin.

Just saw this tweet.

Further Analysis Reveals Double Digit Hair Growth in RepliCels First-in-man Clinical Trial

http://www.replicel.com/further-anal...linical-trial/

I've seen the update also today, every little helps and while the i-told-you-so gang are busy smashing up another possible hairloss cure thread, take this time for positivity in this minefield i say.

I see it as the steppng stones are getting just that little bit closer together, before you know it we'll/they'll have a bridge we can all cross and we can then look back, and think, shit, we're here, we made it ...now lets get busy worrying over something else, haa!!

I know I'm a woman and this is mostly a male oriented forum, but I wanna give my 2 cents.

I think that this announcement was made in order to make people realize that the previous results released were not all that bad. Of course some people will still think these are bad news, and I get it, 'cause we're all desperate for a cure (I should know, I'm a 23 year old woman with thinning hair, it's devastating)... but I still have faith in Replicel... I think they're on the right track and as has been noted before, these things take A LOT of time. These are new treatments, there's no background to compare them to, so results will vay a lot from time to time. I think that even if Replicel can't grow a lot of hair, if they can somehow make existing follicles immune to hair loss, that would be awesome! Sadly with science and new treatments it's all about trial and error and that takes time... I always remember that famous quote by Edison:

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work".

And that's the way it is... but in any case I'm grateful thatt there are people working on this, and I think at least one out of the four main companies working on this will succeed. Maybe next year, maybe 5 years from now, maybe in 10 years... but some day, someone will make it. I know we all want a cure NOW - when I look in the mirror sometimes I feel very angry that there's still no way to fix such a fundamental part of my image... but I'm sure there will be a cure.

You know what would have been bad results, anyway? If this had somehow encouraged hair loss. Maybe I'm too optimistic or naive, but I'm one of the people who think that 6 months is still to early to judge Replicel's efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    I know I'm a woman and this is mostly a male oriented forum, but I wanna give my 2 cents.

I think that this announcement was made in order to make people realize that the previous results released were not all that bad. Of course some people will still think these are bad news, and I get it, 'cause we're all desperate for a cure (I should know, I'm a 23 year old woman with thinning hair, it's devastating)... but I still have faith in Replicel... I think they're on the right track and as has been noted before, these things take A LOT of time. These are new treatments, there's no background to compare them to, so results will vay a lot from time to time. I think that even if Replicel can't grow a lot of hair, if they can somehow make existing follicles immune to hair loss, that would be awesome! Sadly with science and new treatments it's all about trial and error and that takes time... I always remember that famous quote by Edison:

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work".

And that's the way it is... but in any case I'm grateful thatt there are people working on this, and I think at least one out of the four main companies working on this will succeed. Maybe next year, maybe 5 years from now, maybe in 10 years... but some day, someone will make it. I know we all want a cure NOW - when I look in the mirror sometimes I feel very angry that there's still no way to fix such a fundamental part of my image... but I'm sure there will be a cure.

You know what would have been bad results, anyway? If this had somehow encouraged hair loss. Maybe I'm too optimistic or naive, but I'm one of the people who think that 6 months is still to early to judge Replicel's efficacy.
    Welcome to the forum mimosa .
    I feel the same way as you do. Hey if in 1 year post op they get 20-30% regrowth or increase in total hair than they mightbe on something.

But the guys at REplicel themselves have stated thay would deem their treatment successful if they get more than 15% regrowth...
    We'll wait and see I guess...
    Its frustrating but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    You know what would have been bad results, anyway? If this had somehow encouraged hair loss.
    It did for some of the participants! LOL

- but er yeh.... a 63% success rate aint half bad when they've yet to establish dosing/number of injections or even a time period - we all know how long hair loss treatments take to work, finasteride 12 months, minox 8 - 12 months... the hair max laser comb (lol) around 8 - 12 months... so we cant sit here and honestly expect miracles at 6 months.

Aderans only managed to get up to a circa 70% success rate after enrolling 250 patients in Phase II.. Replicel have done it in Phase I... I think we have to applaud that.

Quote Originally Posted by 67mph View Post
    ... and while the i-told-you-so gang are busy smashing up another possible hairloss cure thread, take this time for positivity in this minefield i say.
    Yes, it's ridiculous. People can't even imagine how complicated alopecia and the hair follicle as an organ itself is. They think they know something because they read some stuff on Wikipedia and Hairsite.
    Prof.Hoffmann of Replicel has been specializing on Alopecia as a Professor at German Phillips University since 1998(2003). Just check out his cv:
    Prof.Hoffmann CV

If any of you guys think, you know better than him, all I can do is nothing but laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    Yes, it's ridiculous. People can't even imagine how complicated alopecia and the hair follicle as an organ itself is.
    If we're able to start growing organs etc. from scratch, I'm sure hair follicles can't be all that more complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqxbwbjw00
    Lung^