+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 210 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    why don't you expect anything from Histogen? Their Phase 2 will end in December of this year. If it is successful then they will move on to Phase 3.
    If everything goes well, I'm sure they could release their treatment even before 2015.
    They themselves said that it will be available BEFORE 2015 in certain asian countries....
    I hope histogen or anyone is successful, but even if a treatment is available by 2015, that's still 3 years away, and I anticipate there being availability issues with any new treatment which will drive price up and limit access. I am very hopeful and do think one of these treatments will be successful, but I know how the world works and I don't plan on betting my hopes, plans, and future on a pipe dream. I'm just trying to devise a plan of attack and am trying to make sure I don't do something that might hurt me in the future

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    However, they've been encountering all kinds of delays.
    all kinds? I can think of only one. There was a pending lawsuit against them. Histogen has lost a lot of investors and money during that time, but they won that case and everything went back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I hope histogen or anyone is successful, but even if a treatment is available by 2015, that's still 3 years away,
    yeah but you can preserve your hair until then with finasteride/dut/ru....

2012 what's ru?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakid View Post
    2012 what's ru?
    http://www.myhair.co.il/ru-58841.html

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    do we have a thread on this?

what's that about anyways, all the links on that site about RU are pretty much dead?

edit - i read on other forums it's expensive as gold and eventually wares off.

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    do we have a thread on this?

what's that about anyways, all the links on that site about RU are pretty much dead?

edit - i read on other forums it's expensive as gold and eventually wares off.
    baldtruth doesnt... *** and HLH has a lot of threads though.

Yes it's expensive but it's probably the most effective topical we have at the moment

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    I'm unclear why it's designated I/II instead of just a II. What are the implications of that in terms of future studies?.
    It's not uncommon for clinical trials to have Phase I/IIa and Phase IIb steps rather than the more discretely divided Phase I and Phase II steps.

See http://www.virginia.edu/vpr/irb/HSR_...ALS_Phases.pdf for explanations of the differences.

Does anyone believe that Replicel will be able to regrow brand new follicles on completely bald spots? The mouse, which recieved an injection of millions of cells on its foot, only grew a few brand new hair follicles compared to the number of cells which got injected. Dosen't this prove that Replicel, in a best case scenario, only will restore damaged hair follicles on humans?

I hope I'm wrong..

I'd rather forget all about the mice, as it's a first step under the original ideas stage, and the kinda-messing-about-with-ideas-sorta-thing stage ...remember the mouse with the ear on its back? ...that little guy is probably walking around with a 'fro on to cover the lugs.

OK, a step that needs to be taken but i'd guess that many 'cures' they've found using mice never appear for humans et cetc, MPO!

Good luck everyone, not long now til PhaseI (in all it's glory) results right??

19 people, 19 people with possible life changing results on their heads!!

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    Does anyone believe that Replicel will be able to regrow brand new follicles on completely bald spots? The mouse, which recieved an injection of millions of cells on its foot, only grew a few brand new hair follicles compared to the number of cells which got injected. Dosen't this prove that Replicel, in a best case scenario, only will restore damaged hair follicles on humans?

I hope I'm wrong..
    One thing to keep in mind is that Replicel is testing in the upper temples, a region that for most balding individuals is an area that would be first affected by hair loss. If their April results are positive in this region, it could be an early indication of them being able to generate new follicles.

I am fuzzy myself on whether follicles remain miniturized and can be salvaged or if new follicles will need to be created.