Thread: Replicel

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by southasian View Post
    My point is not that big pharma is in a conspiracy to quell any new solutions, but more that they don't have much incentive as once they release a 'cure', there will not be any repeat customers i.e. propecia users. Also i really think these idiots just don't have the R&D know-how to come out with a solution. Why then does Aderans keep delaying Phase II? it was supposed to have completed last year, as in 2011 - its 2012 right now! Don't worry fellow hair loss sufferers (myself included), we all will be praying for a solution coming out in another 'mere' 5 years once we hit 2017. Dr. Rassman was right all along, minimum 10, most likely 20 years with these morons (big pharma) running the show.
    I might be reaching here a little with this analogy but by that logic we wouldn't have LASIK and people would be forever using contacts and glasses. People with MPB in their genetics are born everyday so there will always be a steady stream of people needing the treatment. It won't be super cheap either and we don't know if the effects will be permanent or transient so people may well need a periodic top up of these cells. I really believe it's in everyone's best interest that cell based therapies succeed.