Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted
    • May 2011

"Four patients will complete 12-month follow-up visits in that same time frame"

This means that some patients have made it to 10-11 month already! Guess Replicel know how good their technology works by now.

Comment

• born
      • Nov 2011

rest assure that it works.The point is if it can make current hair dht resistant :P

Comment

• Sogeking
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!

The initial data from RepliCel's 6-month subject follow-up will be used in the Company's Investigational Medical Product Dossier (IMPD), which is presently being developed for a Phase IIb dose-ranging clinical trial of 100 patients that is expected to commence in fall 2012. The protocol will be submitted to the EMEA, FDA and Health Canada for review. A final decision on the location of the trial is pending.
        Actually let me be positive now. The part that is bold is what has actually got me happy. They can release their trial data in March, April or August. What is important is that they are already prepping for Phase IIb trials. Which means regardless of the moment they release first trial results they are ready to proceed with phase IIb in fall 2012. Which means in general it doesn't affect their current timeline. However I am still careful and sceptical concerning first results in term of hair growth.

April I am ready for you to come . And this time I am not dreaming about a girl named April .

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
          Actually let me be positive now. The part that is bold is what has actually got me happy. They can release their trial data in March, April or August. What is important is that they are already prepping for Phase IIb trials. Which means regardless of the moment they release first trial results they are ready to proceed with phase IIb in fall 2012. Which means in general it doesn't affect their current timeline. However I am still careful and sceptical concerning first results in term of hair growth.

April I am ready for you to come . And this time I am not dreaming about a girl named April .
          Yup, baldness is over and they know it .

Comment

• Jan 2012

uhm if they already know the results, why aren't they releasing them to the public?

Comment

• MackJames
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by 2020
              uhm if they already know the results, why aren't they releasing them to the public?
              Collating the data into concise form for dissemination, review and presentation.

Comment

• sausage
                • Jan 2012

Sorry for not being so knowledgable on this whole area of scientific study and the various companies involved in trying to find a treatment.

I remember hearing the British government had invested in a baldness cure and just did a google search on it.

They were proposed to have invested £1.9million in 2006. This was apparently invested in Intercyctex, so is this not the same company as Replicel? or are they trying out tests for a very similar injection type cure?

Comment

• stillinHS1994
                  • Jul 2011

Intercytex is not replicel. In fact, from the internet search I did, it looks like intercytex sold their hair regeneration product to Aderans in 2010, so Intercytex has nothing to do with hair regeneration currently. Hope this helped sausage

Comment

• greatjob!
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                    They don't know the results. I'm sure the researchers overlooking the trial have a decent idea of the efficacy, but they can’t be 100% sure. Replicel is a publicly traded company, and there is a fine line between forward looking statements and intentionally misleading investors. If they released a statement today stating the treatment was working their stock price would soar. If then in March/April they found the perceived growth to be some anomaly, they would be sued. And they would loose for intentionally misleading investors.

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

This means we all don't have to waste our time and money on products like TRXSHIT. If this is the real deal I can deal with thinning hair for a few more years and save up money during the process (:

Comment

• eqvist
                        • Aug 2011

Abut money. I know that nobody knows how much it´s going to cost. But has someone a good guess?

Comment

• PinotQ
                          • May 2010

Replicel doesn't know the results yet b/c the study is double blinded meaning neither the subjects nor the "investigator" knows which section on each head was injected with the placebo and which was injected with the cultured cells. For example, the investigator is given solution 856345 for injection in site A and solution 93574 for injection in site B and he doesn't know which is real and which is the placebo until that information is revealed after the trial. And Replicel is not the "investigator". An independent company is performing and monitoring the trial so Replicel has no contact with the subjects. This independence is what gives the ultimate results legitimacy. The independent company has reported to Replicel that there have been no adverse events meaning that the investigator did not see an adverse event on any injected section of any subject. (Since the investigator doesn't know which injection site is which, it has to be that neither site shows an adverse event for him to make such a statement.) I suppose that any trial investigator in any trial might be required to report back to the trial sponsor (Replicel) on any adverse events b/c the sponsor might have to intervene to protect the subjects in the event of a negative outcome. But unless there is some rule in place that prevents the investigator from also giving the sponsor feedback about efficacy, I don't see why the investigator couldn't say for example "We don't know which injection site is the placebo or the cultured cells but we can say that one of the sites is growing a lot more hair than the other".

Comment

• Sogeking
                            • Feb 2011

As I said we still don't know the effiacy and if some or any hair has grown but I do like the fact that they preparing for phaseIIb trials already despite the fact that they do not know the reults of first trial themselves. Sure it is a risk, because if first trial results fail their preparations are in vain but if the results are good, they can continue with phaseIIb trials really fast and their timeline is more plausible.

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by PinotQ
                              Replicel doesn't know the results yet b/c the study is double blinded meaning neither the subjects nor the "investigator" knows which section on each head was injected with the placebo and which was injected with the cultured cells. For example...
                              Thank you for this post. Very illuminating for those of us who are learning what the trial phase is all about.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                                Inactive
                                • Jan 2012

When will the final outcome of Replicel be known ? In sense - it works/doesn't and if does when will it be commercially available for us to try ?

Comment

Working...