Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

2020, given that you believe Histogens increase in hair count isnt due to the creation of new hair follicles, do you also feel this same way for the results about Replicel? Do you believe they failed to create ABSOLUTELY NO NEW FOLLICLES AT ALL?

Yeah no treatment will work for everyone... look at DP cells, for some people it worked wonders but for the majority the cells just clumped together in the scalp and the body simply destroyed them lol. DSC cells do not do this, they spread out and even migrate to existing follicles, they also theoretically create new hair follicles.

To treat NW7's this is the treatment you need, something along these lines, and I dont understand WHY approval is taking so long all they are doing is using your own cells and increasing their number they are not even messing with the cells it is just a micro micro version of what Gho is doing.

IMO Replicel should have conducted their trials in Asia, just a thought because it is a growing trend, they could have also had good links with Histogens HSC in Japan and Team Tokyo - creating the ultimate hair loss utopia.

Comment

• MackJames
      • Sep 2009

I've been on sulfasazine for arthritis for well over a year and noticed no change in hair quantity or quality. Because of my condition I come into regular contact with other arthritis suffers on sulfasazine and took it upon myself to ask them if they've notice any changes in their hair. None of them have noticed a change, meaning, no change occurred or the change was so imperceptible to be irrelevant.

Despite my experience, I know the advocates on TBT who believe sulfasazine works as a treatment for mpb will make every kind of argument that my experience doesn't mean a thing because they desperately want it to be true.

What we have here is a good example of theory versus fact. What theoretically might work on paper doesn't always translate into real world results. I'd take that into consideration before you start shelling out your hard earn dollars on products like sulfasazine and equol.

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MackJames
        I've been on sulfasazine for arthritis for well over a year and noticed no change in hair quantity or quality. Because of my condition I come into regular contact with other arthritis suffers on sulfasazine and took it upon myself to ask them if they've notice any changes in their hair. None of them have noticed a change, meaning, no change occurred or the change was so imperceptible to be irrelevant.

Despite my experience, I know the advocates on TBT who believe sulfasazine works as a treatment for mpb will make every kind of argument that my experience doesn't mean a thing because they desperately want it to be true.

What we have here is a good example of theory versus fact. What theoretically might work on paper doesn't always translate into real world results. I'd take that into consideration before you start shelling out your hard earn dollars on products like sulfasazine and equol.
        so far the only sulfasalazine case i know of is from a user on HLH who claimed to regrow his full frontal hair line whilst on it.

Benaxoprofen also inhibits 5-LOX (in addition to cox 2) which im not sure sulfsalazine does. And its this combination that reveres mpb, Loreal have a patent on this.
        Im only aware of Sulfsalazine inhibitting cox-2, which IMO should be enough to stop balding.

Do you notice an increase in nail growth since being on it?

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

loreal might aswel sell off that patent because they have already cured hair loss with neogenic

Comment

• gutted
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
            loreal might aswel sell off that patent because they have already cured hair loss with neogenic
            loooool

you never know it may grow some hairs on your scalp!

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Gutted what NW stage are you?

Comment

• MackJames
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gutted
                so far the only sulfasalazine case i know of is from a user on HLH who claimed to regrow his full frontal hair line whilst on it.

Benaxoprofen also inhibits 5-LOX (in addition to cox 2) which im not sure sulfsalazine does. And its this combination that reveres mpb, Loreal have a patent on this.
                Im only aware of Sulfsalazine inhibitting cox-2, which IMO should be enough to stop balding.

Do you notice an increase in nail growth since being on it?

I've noticed no increase in nail growth. I need to make a correction; I've been on the drug since mid 09 but took a few months off while my wife and I were attempting to conceive. Hypospermia can be a side effect of sulfsalazine use and my Doctor suggested I go off the medication in case my sperm count had been lowered.

I also inject immune suppressing biologics for my arthritis. So if there are any theories out there that suppressing the immune system may help hair loss; Im sorry to report that I haven't found that to be true, at least in my case.

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MackJames
                  I've noticed no increase in nail growth. I need to make a correction; I've been on the drug since mid 09 but took a few months off while my wife and I were attempting to conceive. Hypospermia can be a side effect of sulfsalazine use and my Doctor suggested I go off the medication in case my sperm count had been lowered.

I also inject immune suppressing biologics for my arthritis. So if there are any theories out there that suppressing the immune system may help hair loss; Im sorry to report that I haven't found that to be true, at least in my case.
                  Or maybe if you took no medication or no immune system suppressants you would still be the same as you are today?

You cant rule that out.

What we need is a therapy that can physically show de novo hair follicle formation, this will not come from some NSAID or drug already released for another condition - a baldness cure would be all over the front pages.

Comment

• MackJames
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by UK_
                    Or maybe if you took no medication or no immune system suppressants you would still be the same as you are today?

You cant rule that out.

What we need is a therapy that can physically show de novo hair follicle formation, this will not come from some NSAID or drug already released for another condition - a baldness cure would be all over the front pages.
                    You can't rule anything out, I guess. At this point Id wager to guess it's not effective for hair loss.

As far as where I would be had I remained med free, it is hard to say. I didnt notice thinning until I turned 32, around the time I started taking these medications. I have a pic on here somewhere to give an indication of my hair loss.

I wouldn't go so far as to draw any associations between the two but I am fairly certain i can conclude at the very least the meds haven't made an appreciable difference On the condition of my hair.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

They can grow lungs hearts and kidneys but not hair follicles.

I am just glad Replicel are happy themselves to go ahead with a Phase 2 - this time they will be aiming for efficacy - so phase 2 will be the trial to determine if it will be effective or not.

The perfect treatment would be a combination of everything we are all looking at, something that addresses the need for the correct signals (HSC) and something that can actually induce de novo follicle formation (Replicel/Aderans).

Wnts can be used to signal and autologous cell therapy to induce formation of new growth.

DKK-1 inhibits the Wnt signaling pathway and, consequently, stem cell division. Stem cells generate hair and also produce the elongated hair follicles of the anagen phase. In the anagen-to-catagen transition, stem cells stop replenishing apoptotic hair bulb epithelial cells, leading to cessation of hair growth and involution of the hair follicle.
                      Consequently, MPB (impact of DHT) leading to an overexpression of DKK-1 forcing more hairs into catagen and inducing apoptosis of outer root sheath keratinocytes and also blocking wnt signalling preventing stem cell division.

Now where does PGD2 & COX-2 fit in?

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

One of the hardest form of cells to create using stem cells are functioning nerve cells (in search of neurogenesis), most of the time you need to use totipotent embryonic stem cells - my point is that if totipotent stem cells are required to form nerve cells, then this study elucidates the power of wnt proteins as it proves they can be used in the process of neurogenesis:

Comment

• Jan 2012

"DKK-1 inhibits the Wnt signaling pathway"

if so then what's the point of injecting wnt like HSC does?

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                            Gutted what NW stage are you?
                            im nw 2. The only areas i need regrowth is hairline/temples and a bit more density in the frontal region.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                              "DKK-1 inhibits the Wnt signaling pathway"

if so then what's the point of injecting wnt like HSC does?
                              The point is that WNT signalling will cause stem cells to proliferate which is what you need for hair to grow, hence why Histogen were able to destroy all the naysayers and create 2 years of hair growth that nobody else has ever accomplished - please name one person on a forum who has accomplished such a feat?

I also do not deny that DKK-1 is also associated with MPB, but there may be other factors at play regarding the division of stem cells required for hair growth:

"Dickkopf-1 (DKK-1) protein have been found in biopsies of scalp skin in male pattern alopecia."
                              ^^^Sounds a lot like PGD2 study, but not as many people care - I wonder why?

Comment

• gutted
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_

Consequently, MPB (impact of DHT) leading to an overexpression of DKK-1 forcing more hairs into catagen and inducing apoptosis of outer root sheath keratinocytes and also blocking wnt signalling preventing stem cell division.

Now where does PGD2 & COX-2 fit in?
                                simply -
                                excess dht/androgens/5alpha?? -> over expression of cox 2 -> automatic over expression of pgd2 etc - > hair thinning - > dormancy and mild fibrosis -> baldness -> full fibrosis.

obviously there are many many other ezymes and protiens in the pathway that will be affected through negative feedback mechanisms.

Comment

Working...