+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 210 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Yeah human hair/skin epithelial cells are about 70 microns or 0.07 mm across, so even if the hair follicles are damaged beyond repair, I don't think that many of them will be affected, but it's still something I'm concerned about. I have consulted with my short list of doctors; I haven't asked them about this yet. I don't think they know, and even though I consider the doctors on my list to be extremely ethical I'm not sure if the info they gave me would be completely subjective. I'm just gonna have to wait awhile before I decide to pull the trigger or not, but I'm getting pretty impatient, ugh.
    I'm going to wait and see as well. It seems that by this time next year, we should have a much better idea of what the future holds for hair treatments. By that time, Aderans, Histogen and Replicel should have all released, at least some, phase II results. And i'm guessing that if we haven't heard any news from Follica by that point, then we can pretty much write them off as dead... would like to at least see an announcement of more funding, or some results but that may be asking too much. Either way, i think that will be when i make a decision.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    I'm going to wait and see as well. It seems that by this time next year, we should have a much better idea of what the future holds for hair treatments. By that time, Aderans, Histogen and Replicel should have all released, at least some, phase II results. And i'm guessing that if we haven't heard any news from Follica by that point, then we can pretty much write them off as dead... would like to at least see an announcement of more funding, or some results but that may be asking too much. Either way, i think that will be when i make a decision.
    Not to rain on your parade bro, but take follica out of the picture. It's dead or it will take at least 40-50 years for it to come up with a treatment.

They're studying MPB, not hair growth, that's a big mistake. The mysteries of MPB is way too complicated as we have learned this month...and u can't unlock that for now.

It goes like this at this point:

1.ARI
    2.HISTOGEN
    3. Replicel
    4. Gho Stem cell treatment
    5. Follica

Yes even replicel/gho is ahead of these trolls. Hate Cots.

What I would love to see is some treatment outside of the Western world make a huge splash, especially since all of these other companies seem to be either bogged down in clinical trials or just taking their sweet time. Here are 3 potential treatments/cures could have great results (especially the first one):

1. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8

2. http://www.physorg.com/news159441080.html

3. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17947589

Note: with regards to #3, I commented on it months ago. This technology was originally owned by some company called RegeneRX which basically just sat on the technology for years and didn't do a damn thing to use TB-4 to cure hair loss. However, I recently contacted one of the scientists in the article and they told that now a company called Panacea Pharmaceuticals out of India has the rights to this technology.

Default Aderans vs. Replicel

Ok, so I was checking out Aderans the other day, and with a top claim of +70% regrowth, isn't that a higher number than anything that Replicel is talking about?

Don't get me wrong, I think Replicel is on the right track, but everything I have read about them is +50% in animal trials and hoping for +20% in phase IIa. Even if they hit their pre-testing animal results, that is less than Aderans.

Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Not to rain on your parade bro, but take follica out of the picture. It's dead or it will take at least 40-50 years for it to come up with a treatment.

They're studying MPB, not hair growth, that's a big mistake. The mysteries of MPB is way too complicated as we have learned this month...and u can't unlock that for now.

It goes like this at this point:

1.ARI
    2.HISTOGEN
    3. Replicel
    4. Gho Stem cell treatment
    5. Follica

Yes even replicel/gho is ahead of these trolls. Hate Cots.
    You're not raining on my parade. It's your opinion and that's fine, i just don't agree with it. Follica is still alive and well, and every bit as legitimate as replicel, histogen and aderans. They're in phase II trials, and until we hear that they've not achieved efficacy or are not going to pursue phase III, they're still a contender. No one has left the company for new employment. If they were dead, you would see them jumping ship. Not a single one has.

The fact that some DIY'er at hairsite was able to grow some hair at home with sand paper and a vague understanding of the biology, gives me hope that this is a concept which works. Especially when you consider how strong the scientific team is there.

And i think you have it backwards, Follica is studying how to grow follicles. That's what their whole technique is about...wounding the skin to create an embryonic like condition and then manipulating the intracellular signalling to induce hair growth. Based on the patents they've submitted, it's clear they believe they have a way to grow follicles that are impervious to MPB. And that is the ultimate solution.

As for Gho, his work is very interesting and he's proven HM, in my opinion. But, i don't believe it's a practical solution for anyone with extensive baldness. It would take years and years of treatments to get a full head of hair. And at roughly 12000$ for approx 1700 grafts, it would cost a small fortune to restore a full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    You're not raining on my parade. It's your opinion and that's fine, i just don't agree with it. Follica is still alive and well, and every bit as legitimate as replicel, histogen and aderans. They're in phase II trials, and until we hear that they've not achieved efficacy or are not going to pursue phase III, they're still a contender. No one has left the company for new employment. If they were dead, you would see them jumping ship. Not a single one has.

The fact that some DIY'er at hairsite was able to grow some hair at home with sand paper and a vague understanding of the biology, gives me hope that this is a concept which works. Especially when you consider how strong the scientific team is there.

And i think you have it backwards, Follica is studying how to grow follicles. That's what their whole technique is about...wounding the skin to create an embryonic like condition and then manipulating the intracellular signalling to induce hair growth. Based on the patents they've submitted, it's clear they believe they have a way to grow follicles that are impervious to MPB. And that is the ultimate solution.

As for Gho, his work is very interesting and he's proven HM, in my opinion. But, i don't believe it's a practical solution for anyone with extensive baldness. It would take years and years of treatments to get a full head of hair. And at roughly 12000$ for approx 1700 grafts, it would cost a small fortune to restore a full head of hair.
    Had that worked, we'd have a cure by now from Follica but obviously it didn't. Cots said that by now we would have a cure I believe. Yes I am very aware of how their treatment is supposed to work and now theyre studyign MPB b/c obviously it hasn't worked as they expected. It worked great on rats though.

Theyll be stuck for decades trying to figure out why it hasn't worked or how it can work "better" in people with our condition. Such treatment is very far far away because we simply do not have enough knowledge about MPB at this point.

Best way to cure hair loss "within" this generation is trial and error process like ARI and maybe replicel.

Still hate Cots , this attention whore basically got insane media atention for something that was know for about 4 years.

However Follica may surprise us out of nothing, who knows. I just highly doubt it.

This is all my opinion, though and I just hate Cots .

I hear you, i have the same concerns. Just hoping for a surprise, because as it stands we're still a bunch of years away from anything. I'm running out of time/hair and i'm damn sick of dousing my head in minoxidil and seeing hair in the sink. Just tired of thinking about hair in general.

I don't hate Cotsarelis. I hate how the media jumps all over every paper he publishes as if it means the end of hairloss will be tomorrow. They know "baldness cure" in the headlines attracts attention so they pump it up.

The Alchemist, you talk about how you can't how the media jumps all over every one of Cots's paper. What I can't stand is how the media reports on hair loss and baldness in the first place. They treat it as some kind of joke. I remember watching Fox News and as their intro for some possible hair regrowth news, they showed a scene from Seinfeld where Elaine is yanking off the wig of that worthless shitbag George Costanza. They treat hair loss like it's some kind of joke, despite the fact that it causes millions of people depression, heartache, and pain. Or sometimes in the print media, they'll show you a photo of some guy's head whose hair is balding and use cutesy terms like "shiny pates" and "denuded domes". I would really love to knock the teeth down the throats of those types of reporters. Sorry for the rant fellas!
    Anyway, I think Cotsarelis always makes the news because he's one of only a handful of scientists who are actually actively doing anything to try to cure hair loss. If we had a more people trying to cure hair loss (and more of a race to cure it), then we may have an effective treatment for hair loss out today. I'm very split on Cots. I applaud his work to cure hair loss yet I hate how negative he can be sometimes with regards to potential timelines for treatments/cures. Sometimes I really wish that there were more scientists working to cure baldness who actually suffered from hair loss themselves. If one doesn't experience it, then they really can't know the devastation and misery that baldness causes; hell, I didn't know before I noticed my own hair loss. So I sometimes wish there was a scientist who suffered from hair loss himself who would say something like: "I know firsthand how devastating hair loss can be and I will therefore work as hard as can I can to get a treatment/product out to you as soon as possible, because I know that many of you cannot stand to live another day (let alone 5 years!) with this life-altering disease of hair loss". Anyway, I got off on a tangent again! Also, I don't think that Follica is dead at all. I know it's frustrating that they keep things close to the vest, but that's expected since they're a private company. Actually, I think they're actually in Phase III right now as opposed to Phase II.

Quote Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    Ok, so I was checking out Aderans the other day, and with a top claim of +70% regrowth, isn't that a higher number than anything that Replicel is talking about?
    Where does it say they claim to have 70%? That would be a definite cure!

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Where does it say they claim to have 70%? That would be a definite cure!
    http://www.aderansresearch.com/presentation/

Near the end of this presentation they show some before/after images and claim 62% growth, but it didn't seem to me that much growth from those pictures