+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 210 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    Does anyone believe that Replicel will be able to regrow brand new follicles on completely bald spots?
    I hope not... seriously, Replicel should only "rejuvenate" existing follicles and make them more androgen resistant.
    It is Histogen's job to activate those stem cells that were once follicles to start growing hair again.

Growing completely new follicles while ignoring existing "shrunken" follicles would produce awful results cosmetically...

I personally believe that the treatment is going to revive dormant follicles and not create new ones from nothing, which is why I'm concerned with the possibility of potentially damaging these dormant follicles with a hair transplant. I guess we will know more soon. I hope that they enroll some subjects who have previously undergone a transplant in the past in the next trials. I believe it isn't possible to damage all the dormant follicles with current transplant techniques; if the incisions do damage the dormant follicles they still aren't going to be close enough to damage all of them. I just wish we knew more so we could plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    It's not uncommon for clinical trials to have Phase I/IIa and Phase IIb steps rather than the more discretely divided Phase I and Phase II steps.

See http://www.virginia.edu/vpr/irb/HSR_...ALS_Phases.pdf for explanations of the differences.

Well, hopefully they can go from this trial straight to phase III. Would be great if they could introduce it to asian markets after they finish the phase I/II. Provided they can get the desired efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I personally believe that the treatment is going to revive dormant follicles and not create new ones from nothing.
    they were able to grow hair in mouse's foot 9 years ago, i am more optimistic on temple results.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I personally believe that the treatment is going to revive dormant follicles and not create new ones from nothing, which is why I'm concerned with the possibility of potentially damaging these dormant follicles with a hair transplant. I guess we will know more soon. I hope that they enroll some subjects who have previously undergone a transplant in the past in the next trials. I believe it isn't possible to damage all the dormant follicles with current transplant techniques; if the incisions do damage the dormant follicles they still aren't going to be close enough to damage all of them. I just wish we knew more so we could plan accordingly.

That's exactly what i was thinking. The incisions aren't all that close together for most transplants which have densities around the 30-60 fu/cm2. That's about half normal density...so you still would be able to gain alot of your surviving dormant follicles back.

Have you consulted with a HT Doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Well, hopefully they can go from this trial straight to phase III. Would be great if they could introduce it to asian markets after they finish the phase I/II. Provided they can get the desired efficacy.
    That would be a dream come true, man. And honestly, I don't see why they couldn't introduce it in Asian markets after those trials. Because since they are using the highest possible dosage in Phase I/II, and if it's proven to be safe, then I don't see how any safety concerns could arise. People would literally jump at the chance for this if they're absolutely sick and tired of hair loss, like I am.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    That's exactly what i was thinking. The incisions aren't all that close together for most transplants which have densities around the 30-60 fu/cm2. That's about half normal density...so you still would be able to gain alot of your surviving dormant follicles back.

Have you consulted with a HT Doctor?

Yeah human hair/skin epithelial cells are about 70 microns or 0.07 mm across, so even if the hair follicles are damaged beyond repair, I don't think that many of them will be affected, but it's still something I'm concerned about. I have consulted with my short list of doctors; I haven't asked them about this yet. I don't think they know, and even though I consider the doctors on my list to be extremely ethical I'm not sure if the info they gave me would be completely subjective. I'm just gonna have to wait awhile before I decide to pull the trigger or not, but I'm getting pretty impatient, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    That would be a dream come true, man. And honestly, I don't see why they couldn't introduce it in Asian markets after those trials. Because since they are using the highest possible dosage in Phase I/II, and if it's proven to be safe, then I don't see how any safety concerns could arise. People would literally jump at the chance for this if they're absolutely sick and tired of hair loss, like I am.
    I don't think that would happen. 2015 is being very optimistic.

Depending on their phase 1 we will know when(if) it will become available , poor results can only mean they will have to tweak their treatment hence it could be delayed for a LONG time.

If there are good results in p1 we will be on
    fast track to looking like my avatar earliest 2015. CEO was pretty clear no early release.

Have you seen people that have that weird "werewolf" disease and they grow hair from virtually everywhere?

I guess everyone has those hair follicles but they never end up growing hair.

What is the possibility that these treatments can make you sprout hair from all over your face?

I guess that is another reason why to treat the hairline with conventional hair transplants and treat everything behind with new methods.

A horseshoe is way better than hair all over your forehead and nose

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Have you seen people that have that weird "werewolf" disease and they grow hair from virtually everywhere?

I guess everyone has those hair follicles but they never end up growing hair.

What is the possibility that these treatments can make you sprout hair from all over your face?

I guess that is another reason why to treat the hairline with conventional hair transplants and treat everything behind with new methods.

A horseshoe is way better than hair all over your forehead and nose
    that's why they're doing further studies... to see how far those new cells will migrate and grow hair.